Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gain Difference?

mribanezmetal

I've loaded 8 amps into my DT50 through the DT50 Customizer. I find if I run straight into the amp, I get a little more gain than if I ran the HD400 into DT50 with the EXACT model PREAMP (not full) settings? The basic tone is still there, it's just the gain issue. I use the Plexi Bright model and I'm using a Strat with low output pickups so I need all the gain I can get!! 

I'd prefer to use the HD400 via L6 if I can get this sorted because for now I find I like the tones of the amp with my own pedals out front (BB Preamp) and in the loop (I can't find a delay I like as much as my TC Electronic Flashback) I gotta say I don't like the volume increase when the modulation and delay effects are engaged too? 

Otherwise the rig is INSANELY awesome and is one of the best rigs Ive owned and I have had many, many fine valve amps so kudus to Line 6 from producing this fine piece of gear.

I just love it!!

Plexi needs a tube screamer to push it...just like a real one...Might be a little gain difference between HD400 and the amp...I have not noticed and I use that model a lot...Is you firmware all up to date? IOW: Do you have the Soldano models in your HD400?

Thans for your reply. Yep, got the latest firmware and have the SLO models.

I also use the Tubescreamer as a boost.

The basic tone is the same but its just the lesser gain from the HD400 is the issue. 

Im wondering if there is an input pad on the Pod somewhere?  dunnno

It feels like an input thing yes. Is there adjustment on the input with the HD400?

searching both 400 & 500 manuals for guitar in z, i only find it in the 500. though, when i use this function, i really only find a tonal change

Thanks guys for your help. After some more research I too found the 500 is the only model that can adjust Z.

It's a little disappointing I'm having this problem but as I got the HD400 used it's not like I can return it so for now, Im just plugging straight into the DT50 and using my own stompboxes and to be honest theres something I prefer about that over tweaking inside the Pod, maybe because it 'feels' more lie a 'traditional' setup. (running 8 models in the DT50)

Regardless, Ive never been happier with my tones.

Cheers   :)