Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd 500 Crash and no start up

colinohare

I'll try to be concise. Problem : HD 500 Crashed not connected to PC . 

Won't start up just  Line 6 logo slowly flashing.

Sent to line 6 repairer and they said the unit was working and behaving as it should.

upon receiving it back it looked good for about  10 minuites  then while playing my Guitar through it the sound went off and it froze on the patch.

Unplugged and plugged back in and I have the same problem as I started with ie: just the logo flashing.

I contacted the line 6 repair shop to say what had happened and he just said the unit is knackered and reckons it's the board? 

I want to be sure it's not repairable obviously and seeing as though the repair shop haven't actually had the back off this I wonder naturally.

I have tried to do a Global reset and it won't accept it.

Has anyone had this problem ? and what was your outcome ? 

Any comments and advise will be gratefully received.

Cheers! 

Colin.

Doesn't sound good then.

I have read of a couple of instances where some of the internal ribbon connections can be finicky, so opening the unit's housing and doing a visual inspection of things might be worth a shot. It's probably an unlikely cause though. Other than that, there's probably not much else you can do but resort to the repair center again.