Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Remote?

sjo5531

I have Spider Remote on both my iPhone 6 and iPad 3. I connected the iPhone 6 to my Spider V and after flashing the firmware, the phone "saw" the Spider and all works fine. When I connect my iPad 3, it does not see that it is connected to the amp. 

Any ideas??

Are you on IOS 9.0 or above on your IPAD 3?

I saw this on the iTunes store page for the Spider Remote app:

"Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch."

If so, and multiple people are having issues with IPAD 3 (or lower) maybe the USB connector on the back of the Spider does not support Dock (i.e. non-lightning) cables?

If it is possible for you to "borrow" a friend's (newer) IPAD with a lightning connector, you can test to see if it works.

FWIW, I have an IPAD Mini 3 that I have used with my Spider V 60 and it does connect, but it disconnects (or hangs) when I switch presets via my FBV Shortboard MKII. I guess the app does not like fast patch changes where the patch changes while the app is still loading the current patch.

I'm running 9.3.5 on the iPad so that isn't the issue. I do suspect, like you do, that the USB connector being the old 30-pin and not the lightning connector might be the issue. I don't have access to a new iPad with that so I don't have a way of checking that out. 

Using Spider Remote on my phone works well and is easy to use, maybe I'll just stick with that. If I'm out playing with some friends it only means I have one less piece of gear to take along. 

Thanks for the reply!

• 2 months later...

Where does Spider Remote save preset files in Android? I don't even see a folder in File Mgr for this or generic Line 6 anything.

Just wanting to know so if I clear cache or other things, I'm not removing my files. Why the "save as" function? Do you have to use both, or does it save to the same location, just under a different naming? 

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have just got spider v amp I can play guitar with the pre recorded drums can I play guitar with the pre recordings as I seem to have trouble

Guest Malcolm

If I use the lightning cables on my ipad 2 will I be able to get amplifi to work? It pops up in settings on the ipad but still says "no device connected" on the main screen of amplifi.

Guest Malcolm

If I use the lightning cables on my ipad 2 will I be able to get amplifi to work? It pops up in settings on the ipad but still says "no device connected" on the main screen of amplifi.

It will likely *not* work, even if you use a lightning adapter. The signals on the lightning connector are different from the signals on the 30-pin (dock) connector (Thanks, crApple!). You will likely need at least an IPAD 4 or newer (Air1/2, Mini1/2/3/4 or Pro should be fine, I have an Air2 and a Mini3 and both work).

• 3 months later...

I'm getting really tired of buying more iPod/iPad/ iPhone stuff which won't work with the spiderV amp. The Bluetooth amplifi was a frustrating joke. Now I'm fighting to get the spider to work. Line 6 should get into another business because they don't seem to have a clue.

• Downvote 1

If you tell us what problems you are having maybe someone here can help.. The Spider V does not work with older Apple devices, but you can't blame Line6 for Apple changing connectors. The feedback seems that the app works reasonably well on current devices.

I'm getting really tired of buying more iPod/iPad/ iPhone stuff which won't work with the spiderV amp. The Bluetooth amplifi was a frustrating joke. Now I'm fighting to get the spider to work. Line 6 should get into another business because they don't seem to have a clue.

Win and Mac editors would have made more sense. Look I'm mobile!  with a cord

• 1 month later...

Can I use a android with the "Spider Remote" ? Do I use the normal USB slot on the back of the Spider V (it is signd with IPad) or do I have to use the slot on the right side (if it is so, what kinde of cable will I have to use)?

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tablet check the link below. Ran the host test. That looked goos used the OTG adapter The OS never asked me if I wanted to use the device etc as stated It simply booted up my Spider Remote App but something is just not right doesn't seem like I can access my amps controls through the app and when I noticed there was a firmware update and ran it, nothing happened and in the end my tablet crashed to the point where I can't reboot or turn it off. So I started looking at the idea here of returning my tablet and spending the extra money on an iPad but to be honest I prefer android OS and I like the tablet otherwise. The amp seems very good but to me without the remote app It seems to be rather worthless If this app worked well I would love this amp but there seems like a lot of hardware and software conflicts in these threads I am reading. I am at a crossroads.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1-16gb-black/5364800.p?skuId=5364800

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tablet check the link below. Ran the host test. That looked goos used the OTG adapter The OS never asked me if I wanted to use the device etc as stated It simply booted up my Spider Remote App but something is just not right doesn't seem like I can access my amps controls through the app and when I noticed there was a firmware update and ran it, nothing happened and in the end my tablet crashed to the point where I can't reboot or turn it off. So I started looking at the idea here of returning my tablet and spending the extra money on an iPad but to be honest I prefer android OS and I like the tablet otherwise. The amp seems very good but to me without the remote app It seems to be rather worthless If this app worked well I would love this amp but there seems like a lot of hardware and software conflicts in these threads I am reading. I am at a crossroads.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1-16gb-black/5364800.p?skuId=5364800

Sounds like it could have been the tablet if you got the app open. To access amp controls you simply tap on the amp icon. The firmware update is for amp the itself, did you try to update and perhaps interrupt the process causing something to crash? Keep in mind, yes there are users who post on here experiencing issues with app, but the majority don't and for that reason don't find themselves on this forum. 

• Upvote 1

If you tell us what problems you are having maybe someone here can help.. The Spider V does not work with older Apple devices, but you can't blame Line6 for Apple changing connectors. The feedback seems that the app works reasonably well on current devices.

Of course we can blame line 6 - instead of relying on app based crap they should have a pc/mac editor as well for those not wanting to spend extra money on devices

• Downvote 1

Sounds like it could have been the tablet if you got the app open. To access amp controls you simply tap on the amp icon. The firmware update is for amp the itself, did you try to update and perhaps interrupt the process causing something to crash? Keep in mind, yes there are users who post on here experiencing issues with app, but the majority don't and for that reason don't find themselves on this forum. 

OK thank you. I decided to return the Samsung Galaxy Tab and buy a new iPad, So my only question at this point is about the connector. I know the 30 pin is a thing of the past so I am not concerned about that but isn't there two types of new cables? one that is magnetic and one that is not? If so do both types work with this Spider V and Spider Remote app?

OK thank you. I decided to return the Samsung Galaxy Tab and buy a new iPad, So my only question at this point is about the connector. I know the 30 pin is a thing of the past so I am not concerned about that but isn't there two types of new cables? one that is magnetic and one that is not? If so do both types work with this Spider V and Spider Remote app?

I personally am not familiar with magnetic lightning cables, but I now know they exist! I use the standard cable that came with my apple device or a third party lightning cable without problem (non-magnetic). Assuming the magnetic version functions exactly the same as the non-magnetic, I would wager it works with Spider V.

• 1 month later...

Can't edit through PC - Spider is connected, but every time when I'm changing patch there is horrible latency in reaction (changing numbers only) and title "arachnid rythm" is shown all time. No changing amps and effects on desktop when turning a knob in amp. Have no idea... :/

Can't edit through PC - Spider is connected, but every time when I'm changing patch there is horrible latency in reaction (changing numbers only) and title "arachnid rythm" is shown all time. No changing amps and effects on desktop when turning a knob in amp. Have no idea... :/

Have you installed the latest firmware in your amp?

Be sure to install the new drivers as well. I'll assume you are on Windows. Install that driver before connecting the amp to computer. Also check the USB switch setting in the back of the amp. Make sure it is set to PC Android.

The new driver installer DL is on the Line 6 Software page for Spider V just under the new Spider V Remote software DL.