Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Firmware—transmitter will not update

sjepstein

Trying to update the firmware on the G10 (less than 1 week old). I  have tried 12 times in three different USB ports on two different computers (unplugging, re-booting, everything...) (Mac El Capitan and macOS Sierra). I get:

Firmware Update Failed

An error has occurred. Please try again. 

Etc. 

Anyone else having this???

Firmware Failure.tiff

• 1 year later...

My Line6 Relay10 is 1 week old, the charge out of the box finally died and now it will not charge. I have it plugged in for days and it just blinks RED. I downloaded the updater onto my Mac but now I have no idea what to do next? Why would the downloader not include any instructions....So after reading here, I have my relay plugged into the USB port and have tried all 4 USB jacks and 3 different cords, including the brand new that came with my Relay, and nothing happens at all? My Mac will not recognize this thing. Not even sure why I need to update firmware just for this thing to charge but I cant even get the firmware to work. Probably should just return this while I still can buit it worked so well before dying...So How do you actually update the firmware and why is my Mac not recognizing the device?, I need step 1 if anyone csn help.

UPDATE: I tried downloading on my other computer ( Mac Air ) and now the installer finally recognized my Relay G10. I was very excited...however it tells me I have firmware 1.0 and that there are "No available updates available" however from reading all these posts that is obviously not the case. What is the fix to get the latest firmware update?

Yet another update, (BTW I did find the installer under Launchpad if any Mac users can't find the next step after actual install )

So when I connect it it shows "Firmware 1.0" as my existing firmware and that no updates are available, but Occasionally it will quickly FLASH update 1.4 as also being an option to select - BUT then it quickly flashes away. So I repeatedly insert my USB cord and sometimes the 1.4 option comes back. One time it appeared and stuck for 10 seconds or so and I was actually able to go through the install process but  then got the dreaded error message that it failed. This is getting beyond frustrating. I have also tried 3 different USB cords...customers should not have to go through this misery with a brand-new purchase. Probably returning this piece of junk.

2 hours ago, mgscott said:

Yet another update, (BTW I did find the installer under Launchpad if any Mac users can't find the next step after actual install )

So when I connect it it shows "Firmware 1.0" as my existing firmware and that no updates are available, but Occasionally it will quickly FLASH update 1.4 as also being an option to select - BUT then it quickly flashes away. So I repeatedly insert my USB cord and sometimes the 1.4 option comes back. One time it appeared and stuck for 10 seconds or so and I was actually able to go through the install process but  then got the dreaded error message that it failed. This is getting beyond frustrating. I have also tried 3 different USB cords...customers should not have to go through this misery with a brand-new purchase. Probably returning this piece of junk.

It sounds like you got a bad unit... It really should just work out of the gate. Even with the old firmware, it should still work.

• 2 months later...

Hey all

If anyone is still having trouble getting any computer running Line6 Updater to recognise the G10 transmitter or receiver units, make absolutely sure you are using the proper USB Micro B cable.  There are two versions of the USB Micro-B cable, one that provides charge only and one that allows a data connection.  If, for some reason, you are not using the USB cable that came with the unit and you've inadvertently used a charge-only cable (usually these are slightly thinner cables), the device will not show-up in Updater.

• 4 years later...

I've had my Relay G10 for a couple years now ...it has worked great ! now it's flashing red 3 times when i plug it in and wont charge...?

I found the update firm ware for the receiver,  downloaded and updated it but when i try to do the same for the transmitter the files pop up then go away quickly! 

When the unit is charging the base flashes red but no flashing or solid light on the transmitter....

Q: is the transmitter  battery not able to take a charge and should I buy a new on?