Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Screen flashing tempo settings. Have you seen this?

billlorentzen

When you touch the tap/tuner switch, it will briefly bring up the tempo settings (global settings) as a shortcut for setting the values. Perhaps something related to this function is happening. Inadvertent touches or possibly a short triggered by the pedal? Has it always done this, or has it just started doing it?

When you touch the tap/tuner switch, it will briefly bring up the tempo settings (global settings) as a shortcut for setting the values. Perhaps something related to this function is happening. Inadvertent touches or possibly a short triggered by the pedal? Has it always done this, or has it just started doing it?

It just started, and it does seem like it might be a short, because when I start it up at first it doesn't do it, but the more I use the exp, the worse it gets.

I'm not so sure it sounds like a short, or even a loose cable connection, since it gets worse over time. If it was a short, it would probably do it regardless of time. Can't think of what could possibly cause this.

I'd probably contact Line 6. It should still be under warranty, barely if you're one of the first batch receivers.

It seems to be triggered by using the exp pedal. Comes on for about two seconds then reverts back to regular screen data.

I wonder if it might be worth a try backing everything up and then reflashing and doing a global reset, or maybe just trying a global reset first (after backing up).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still having this problem, although sporadic, even without the expression pedal plugged in. Is anyone else having this problem?

Sounds like a flaky tap switch. Open a support ticket with Line 6, or get with the vendor you bought it from if it was a recent purchase (or 2 years from Sweetwater). 

• 5 years later...

I am having the same issue. I’ve had my Helix for a few years and it’s just started doing this. Has there been a fix? Also, and unrelated, I lose all sound from the Helix. After a while it comes back on again. Anyone else having this issue.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:53 PM, markalis said:

I am having the same issue. I’ve had my Helix for a few years and it’s just started doing this. Has there been a fix? Also, and unrelated, I lose all sound from the Helix. After a while it comes back on again. Anyone else having this issue.

Hi,

In case you didn’t realise, you posted your question to a thread that has been quietly sleeping for 5 years. Hmm…!

When weird stuff happens - try a factory reset - and if that doesn’t clear the bug, try a reinstall of the latest firmware.

Reset Options

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right

If you have tied these options without success, then you need to raise a ticket with Customer Support.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 2:53 PM, markalis said:

I'm having this issue too.

I've suspected something is getting on the tap switch from the bottom of your shoe or your foot. When it happens on mine, I'll wipe the switch down with a lysol wipe and it seems to not have the problem anymore, so I think something is getting stuck there you can't really see (a hair or something) that's enough to trigger the "touch" thing.

IIRC you can turn off touch settings so maybe trey that and see if it keeps doing it.

Mine are only months old!