Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Newb Q about wah pedal function

dorkclock

I just bought a pod hd pro x and the mkii shortboard. I cannot get the wah to turn on and off with the pedal control. It seems that the only way I can get it on is to turn it on in the patch. The lights on the pedal board change when I step on it to engage the expression pedal and the volume pedal effect works but obviously that is turned on in the patch if I put it in one. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the pedal to turn on and off the wah effect via stomping. Im sure the pedal works perfectly maybe I just have some settings wrong somewhere? Bare with me I'm just new to this digital world. It's hooked up via 4 cable method through my 5150ii if that matters. Sounds good. Thanks, Nate

I'm making presets/patches that have a wah. But the pedal doesn't turn it on and off. I have to do it by pushing enter on the pod itself. The lights on the mkii switch and I can use the expression pedal but unlike an actual wah it won't turn it on or off when I click the pedal down. 

To further add to this topic in case anyone has this question. Without hd edit on the computer you can just hold the MOVE button down when over the effect you want to assign it to a place on your controller. In my case it was to assign it to exp1. 

Hi. As an aside to this, I've got an issue where I have an external expression pedal plugged into EXP2 on my HD500. EXP2 is assigned to Volume with EXP1 assigned to a Wah. Sometimes I am able to use both with the same patch, other times only one of them works. I can see the "pot" changing position in Edit on my PC, but the sound doesn't change. I have done a global reset after saving my bundle, no change, so I'm thinking of reinstalling the firmware using Monkey.

Any Ideas? 

Hi. As an aside to this, I've got an issue where I have an external expression pedal plugged into EXP2 on my HD500. EXP2 is assigned to Volume with EXP1 assigned to a Wah. Sometimes I am able to use both with the same patch, other times only one of them works. I can see the "pot" changing position in Edit on my PC, but the sound doesn't change. I have done a global reset after saving my bundle, no change, so I'm thinking of reinstalling the firmware using Monkey.

Any Ideas? 

It's hard to trouble shoot without being there but...This is assuming you meant Volume Pedal when you said Volume and it's  not just controlling the Channel Volume on the amp. 

You need to make sure that the effect you want to control is ON when you try to control it and is assigned the correct footswitch if any. Look to see what switch each effect is assigned to. Assuming you want the Volume to be "on" all the time, you should assign it to NONE in the FS ASSIGN drop down menu. And assuming you want to be able to switch the wah on and off like a normal wah, you need to assign it to EXP TOE SWITCH in the FS ASSIGN drop down menu.  To sum this up, your volume will always be on and the wah will turn on and off as you press the TOE SWITCH. You just need to make sure that after you assign the Volume to NONE and the Wah to the toe switch that the Volume Pedal is ON in Edit.