Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

String type Sounds

CiliaGuitar

I'm fairly new to Helix ,must say I'm impressed. Is it possible to get a string type patch,something similiar to the synth intro on living on a prayer.If anyone can point me in the right direction,I would very much appreciate it

I don't know of any presets for a "strings" patch on CustomTone but something that leaps to mind might be using multiple Pitch blocks set to different intervals in combination with some other processing, delay perhaps chorus. Sounds like volume swells might help too. There is an organ preset on CustomTone, http://line6.com/customtone/search/?submitted=1&family=helix&search_term=Organ  .

I don't know of any presets for a "strings" patch on CustomTone but something that leaps to mind might be using multiple Pitch blocks set to different intervals in combination with some other processing, delay perhaps chorus. Sounds like volume swells might help too. There is an organ preset on CustomTone, http://line6.com/customtone/search/?submitted=1&family=helix&search_term=Organ  .

Yeah. Too bad Helix doesn't have an auto-volume yet. You can get some decent auto-volume swells with the auto panner block, but it's time based instead of envelope triggered. So depending on what you're playing the auto panner could work. Probably not.