Line6Tony

Spider V Android Compatibility: Does Your Mobile Device Connect?

Hello All, I just wanted to throw this out there. Initially my Nexus 6p with Android Nougat 7 wasn't connecting or it was dropping the connection. I then downgraded, with no immediate success, to Android Marshmallow. Frustrated, I started messing around with the Developer Options which need to be unlocked. You can do this by going to Settings and somewhere you should see a Build Number option. Tap on this section 7 times to unlock. Then I enabled an option called "Disable USB audio routing" and tried connecting once again. It worked and has been working ever since. Now, I haven't tried to verify this by enabling USB audio routing because I'm a little gun-shy. I'm just glad it is now working...lol. I will give that a shot and update everyone soon. Also note that I'm not sure that every phone has the USB audio routing option either. However, it can't hurt to check your phone and see. Let me know if this works for you or not. Good luck!

I have a Galaxy s7, tried the above and it has worked fine for me.  Thanks

Hello, my experience :

I have a Spider V 60, last firmware installed : 1.04.0

spider remote found on google play.

I connected yesterday :

a Samsung S4, Android V5.0.1, cable OTG, with spider remote, works fine, immediately

A Acer Iconia A3-A10, Android V4.42, cable OTG, with spider remote, works fine, immediately

Hi,

Material : Line 6 Sipder V 30 (firmware 1.04)

- Samsung Galaxy Gran Prime with Android 5.0.2 : Impossible to download the Spider Remote App : On Play Store it says that my device is not compatible with the version. :( 

- ACER A510 tablet with Android 4.1.2, Spider Remote App downloaded successfully on Play Store. But very long to start the App completly (aboute 2 min) and always "Devices not connected" : impossible to connect to the amplifier.

USB host checker reports:

OS support: Yes

3rd party apps: Full

:(

- PC ASUS, Windows 10, Spider Remote Software v1.02 : it works. <_<

BlackBerry Keyone with Android 7.1.1

OTG adapter and USB A-B cable (USB printer cable)

Spider Remote App works, but only with the USB Audio Routing disabled.

Not sure if there is a way at this point to use the phone to play music via the USB connection.

Hi everyone. I have just bought a line 6 spider v 240 combo, so I have put the remote app on my phone which is a sony xperia M5 does not work on my amp, screen on the amp says unsupported device, put same app on my tablet a Samsung galaxy a6 same problem, then my laptop, an Acer Aspire 5733, the app is different to the android app, there is no cloud, put the switches on the back of the amp in the right positions for pc or android on all these options, no joy, had the amp 2 days and I am very disappointed, cant get any advice from anywhere please help

Hi everyone. I have just bought a line 6 spider v 240 combo, so I have put the remote app on my phone which is a sony xperia M5 does not work on my amp, screen on the amp says unsupported device, put same app on my tablet a Samsung galaxy a6 same problem, then my laptop, an Acer Aspire 5733, the app is different to the android app, there is no cloud, put the switches on the back of the amp in the right positions for pc or android on all these options, no joy, had the amp 2 days and I am very disappointed, cant get any advice from anywhere please help

• Upvote 1

Look up about 6 or so tellies in this thread. I wrote something in it that had worked for me and a couple others. Worth a shot. Good luck!

First things first, i have android 5.11 OS and it will not even download the spyder app from google play, saying android not compatible, but yet it's greater the 5.0 

My amp rattles, all the metal along the top of the speaker, super Cheapppppo 

So far i'm having major buyers remorse, going from a spider iv 75 with 300 great guitar tones, to a spider v240 with only 88 seems like stepping backwards, i can't BELIEVE there's no link between the flashing tap button and the speed of the drum patch. 

And why not throw some bluetooth for the android app when you already have it for the guitar remote?!?! this amp seems and feels like a rushed product, the only thing good about the amp so far is that it's light for it's size, but i'm suspecting that's cuz it has itty bitty speakers inside of it. 

Most likely be returning it. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 with the OTA adapter included from Samsung.     Connects just fine with Oreo 8.0 installed from the latest update.

I did have to use the correct USB-B cable and ensure the switch was on Android in order for it to work correctly.    

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:15 PM, fenderjvstrat said:

Hello All,

I just wanted to throw this out there. Initially my Nexus 6p with Android Nougat 7 wasn't connecting or it was dropping the connection. I then downgraded, with no immediate success, to Android Marshmallow. Frustrated, I started messing around with the Developer Options which need to be unlocked. You can do this by going to Settings and somewhere you should see a Build Number option. Tap on this section 7 times to unlock. Then I enabled an option called "Disable USB audio routing" and tried connecting once again. It worked and has been working ever since. Now, I haven't tried to verify this by enabling USB audio routing because I'm a little gun-shy. I'm just glad it is now working...lol. I will give that a shot and update everyone soon. Also note that I'm not sure that every phone has the USB audio routing option either. However, it can't hurt to check your phone and see.

Let me know if this works for you or not. Good luck!

You're a genius!! This fix works for me (Samsung A5). App was utterly useless until I did that, freezing & disconnecting, even freezing my entire phone! 

*Three Hours Later*

This was originally a big long post about how nothing worked.

Then I watched a youtube video where a person was demonstrating using host capabilities on an Android and they plugged the on the go cable directly into the phone . . . I had plugged it into the amp first, then the cord into the phone.

Okay, so this is probably PRETTY DANG STUPID . . . and I may be the only human being on earth that has ever made this mistake, but nevertheless, in case there is someone else out there who this is their first foray into the on the go cable and it just isn't working:

Step 1:

1. PLUG THE ON THE GO CABLE DIRECTLY INTO THE ANDROID PHONE, and THEN the regular android cable into that, and that into the amp. 

If that doesn't work, proceed to trouble shoot from there.