Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm Development

Hi all,

Just here to say that of all the "Amp Sim" software I have, and it's a LOT, I always come back to Pod Farm.(and Also Guitar Rig 5)

I can always get great sounding tones with my setup (UX2 + PF 2.5) and a fairly high spec PC but not greatly so. Monitored through a Yamaha PA system.

I think the Compressor and the Plexi Variac'd are soo good, in particular

Really hoping that Line 6 regard Pod Farm with long standing commitment to developing?

I know Line 6 have, quite rightly, other fish to fry, but I firmly believe it's Pod Farm that really cemented their success.

Comments welcome

Thanks

Hey Steve,  Some time back I got a survey asking about PF and my opinions on integration of the HD tones. So I would say, more than likely there is something cooking. But the L6 guys (there must be some L6 gals too btw) play by the "loose lips sink ships' mantra. Look how the Spider V popped out of its web!

Hey Steve,  Some time back I got a survey asking about PF and my opinions on integration of the HD tones. So I would say, more than likely there is something cooking. But the L6 guys (there must be some L6 gals too btw) play by the "loose lips sink ships' mantra. Look how the Spider V popped out of its web!

Yeah, understand that stance. Many of these software developers are the same, IK with guitar Rig are a case in point.

However, doesn't hurt to give 'em a nudge now and then. After all it's US they should keep happy. Guitarists can be a fickle bunch, easily seduced by new/other stuff! ;) 

The Boss Kantana is looking mighty interesting.

Thanks for the reply BillBee.

Being a gear lollipop myself I understand whole heartedly Steve. :)

The Bias Distortion pedal demoed last week already has caught my eye and has the wife screaming "No, not another pedal!!"  She'll get over it! :D

The Katanas I have to say are on the radar! But the 70' lb Duoverb combo/end table I picked up a few weeks back are having me lay low for a bit.

Well that would be awesome if the Line6ers added/updated POD Farm with HD tones and effects.  The POD Farm is all the Line 6 gear I have left having jettisoned modelling outside of computer and DAW applications but I still prefer it over anything else I've heard -- and it hasn't been touched in years!

Here's to hoping!