Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Digital In Ear Monitors

macmedic

I am a pro touring and recording guy who is older than dirt. With that said the quality of Line 6 Digital products is well known and proven many times over. I really wish Line 6 would introduce  Digital IEM's. The market to my knowledge starts around $1500.00 usd for real Digital products like the Digital IEM's from Shure. With Line 6's technology and manufacturing I really feel you could own the IEM Market from the jump. I have not been to a bar gig since the very early 70's but I find even musicians playing those venues are using primitive IEM systems many of which are in the outmoded or banned UHF and even old VHF crap. Even the widely used AT 3 System is around $800.00 usd and is still UHF.

Make a old guy happy and surprise me with a bouncing baby Line 6 IEM System.

Sincerely,

Warren Castaneira

post-1755721-0-50072400-1476376046_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am a pro touring and recording guy who is older than dirt. With that said the quality of Line 6 Digital products is well known and proven many times over. I really wish Line 6 would introduce  Digital IEM's. The market to my knowledge starts around $1500.00 usd for real Digital products like the Digital IEM's from Shure. With Line 6's technology and manufacturing I really feel you could own the IEM Market from the jump. I have not been to a bar gig since the very early 70's but I find even musicians playing those venues are using primitive IEM systems many of which are in the outmoded or banned UHF and even old VHF crap. Even the widely used AT 3 System is around $800.00 usd and is still UHF.

Make a old guy happy and surprise me with a bouncing baby Line 6 IEM System.

Sincerely,

Warren Castaneira

I agree. Ive been using wired iem until recently because for church use I cant afford to buy a good sounding system. I now use wi digital for iem for $200.. these are in the digital spectrum and sound quality is there. However, I have to handle these with care and certainly wouldnt hold up to touring with the build quality. Range is 50 ft line of site only and latency not nearly as good as line 6 products. It is good enough to get me untethered for worship services with great sound quality. (used with a headphone amp) as they need a hot input..Also to note,  Ive already seen reports of the relay being reverse engineered for iem even in mono..!

• 1 year later...

Bump, because I too would go for a reasonably priced Line 6 IEM solution.

In the mean time, I've had success testing this, as the receiver has a headphone out (just plug the transmitter into the monitor/aux send of the mixer, and have the receiver in your pocket). Not gigged it yet, though I have one coming up soon which I'll be trialling it properly. 12ms latency seems usable, if not the ideal. Again, I'd jump on a Relay technology product if it became available.

http://www.rowinmusic.com/pd.jsp?id=25

Bump, because I too would go for a reasonably priced Line 6 IEM solution.

In the mean time, I've had success testing this, as the receiver has a headphone out (just plug the transmitter into the monitor/aux send of the mixer, and have the receiver in your pocket). Not gigged it yet, though I have one coming up soon which I'll be trialling it properly. 12ms latency seems usable, if not the ideal. Again, I'd jump on a Relay technology product if it became available.http://www.rowinmusic.com/pd.jsp?id=25

12ms is pretty horrible when it comes to latency nowadays... I almost wonder if that's a typo. Consider that the latency for Line 6's budget wireless systems are at around 3ms...