Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

RE: Does Your Mobile Device Connect?

spcjak7221

I just bought that tablet and my amp isn't recognizing it. It's telling me unsupported device on the amps display. Got any ideas why?

Not sure. Are you using the connection labeled "Android" on the back?

The only other thing I can think of... I did update the firmware on the Spider V prior to using it with that tablet. Maybe you need to update the firmware (from a PC with Line 6 Updater)?

Go to Ideascale and vote FOR a proper computer editor for Mac and Win

It's getting ridiculous the number of people that have issues with this app. 3 GC returns this week because there is no pc editor. 

I agree. Just got a Boss Katana because it's got a decent PC editor... but you can only save 4 tones on the amp itself... and there's no way to tell what's loaded in a given preset without hooking up a PC (i.e. no display like the Spider has)... and no way to edit effect parameters other than a single designated one without a PC. Eh... nobody's got it right. Waiting for the Zoom g3n to come out so I can give that a shot.

Not sure. Are you using the connection labeled "Android" on the back?

The only other thing I can think of... I did update the firmware on the Spider V prior to using it with that tablet. Maybe you need to update the firmware (from a PC with Line 6 Updater)?

I was plugging the usb into the ipad/iphone connection and then sliding the switch to the android side because I'm dumb. Just ordered the right usb cable that will connect to the android side hopefully, lol.

I agree. Just got a Boss Katana because it's got a decent PC editor... but you can only save 4 tones on the amp itself... and there's no way to tell what's loaded in a given preset without hooking up a PC (i.e. no display like the Spider has)... and no way to edit effect parameters other than a single designated one without a PC. Eh... nobody's got it right. Waiting for the Zoom g3n to come out so I can give that a shot.

I did the same. Boss Katana K100. I've used the ID Series from Blackstar TVP260 and IDC20, so it isn't much different than that. All of those amps have computer editors. No mobile editor because they are not BT like the Code. Makes more sense.

I just bought that tablet and my amp isn't recognizing it. It's telling me unsupported device on the amps display. Got any ideas why?

Are you connecting the tablet using an OTG cable? Also, if your tablet shows a drop down menu when you connect the cable, Do you see an "OTG" option there?

Post #4 on this thread gives you a link that shows the kind of cable that you need. Without it, ithe Spider will show "unsupported device" on the display.

Are you connecting the tablet using an OTG cable? Also, if your tablet shows a drop down menu when you connect the cable, Do you see an "OTG" option there?

Post #4 on this thread gives you a link that shows the kind of cable that you need. Without it, ithe Spider will show "unsupported device" on the display.

Yea I was using the wrong cable. Got it all figured out now and the Dragon touch x10 is working perfectly. 

BTW The Dragon Touch x10 doesn't require an OTG cable since it has a full size USB port... Just in case that confuses someone.

Just bought the spider V 60. Downloaded all available but can someone tell me what cable is required to connect to a MacBook pro? Can't find any apps on the app store for Samsung or Fire HD. Surely there must be something out there that gives easy connection!  

Just bought the spider V 60. Downloaded all available but can someone tell me what cable is required to connect to a MacBook pro? Can't find any apps on the app store for Samsung or Fire HD. Surely there must be something out there that gives easy connection!  

MacBook Pro: I think you're out of luck. Maybe Line 6 Updater to update the firmware?

Fire HD: I think you're out of luck.

Samsung: Depends on the device. Look for "Spider Remote". See above posts for links to the "OTG" adapter you'll probably need (again depending on the device).

• Upvote 1

Got my V240 yesterday and I've been making a lot of noise since.

I received my OTG adapter today. My "old" Sony Experia Z tablet works very well. No crash no disconnect. I even tried to yank the USB cable and reconnect it, took a few seconds and the app was connected again. The only think strange on the tablet, the firmware update function does not work. My V came from the factory at 1.02 and even if I'm logged into the cloud I can't see 1.03.

On my Samsung S6 phone the app connected the first time, told me a new version of firmware was available (1.03) so I clicked update the firmware was downloaded and it looked like it was installed, but the amp still shows 1.02.

After this first connect the phone will not connect again. I did not try to reboot the phone, instead I reconnected the tablet and the app there reconnected...I will try to do more troubleshooting on the S6 another day.

Having a 9+ inch display is a lot of fun...:-D The app is also very responsive you can turn effects on and off in real time. Dowloading a tone from the cloud is also quick. One thing I noticed a lot of tones have a volume pedal turned on...you will not get any sounds unless you turn this off if you don't have a pedal connected....

My kids all have tablets I will tried them later this week and update this post with the results. We have one Galaxy Tab, one Acer, and 2 Asus Memopad...

Running firmware 1.0.3, and a Ugreen OTG adapter, I tested with the following devices:

Samsung Galaxy S6 phone........ Android 6.0.1... Not stable

Sony Experia Z 10inch tablet......Android 5.1.1....Works well

Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8inch....Android 6.0.1.....Works well

Asus MeMo pad 7inch...............Android 5.1.1.....Works well

Note: Both the Experia and the Tab E were use for periods of 2 hours+ without a single disconnect. On both I downloaded many presets from the cloud and changed parameters on those presets without a glitch.

Here's my experience with tablets-

RCA galileo android - works until access of cloud, then it disconnects and errors out
Samsung Galaxy tab- this one was better. Loads ok, but errored out when saving to "my tones"
Lenovo 10" tab- seemed to work ok until searching cloud then locked up. 

Very annoying that 3 different mfg tablets are so much of a struggle with the app.

Most time out errors seem cloud based. Unit was not designed with mobile features but uses a mobile app? Weird, but nevertheless probably a good reason the above tablets don't work well with the app.

FYI Here are my thoughts for what it's worth. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6. Being one of the more popular phones one would think it'd be supported if anything... but Line 6 acknowledges (can't remember where I saw it) that there are ongoing issues with it. Samsung used USB 1.1 instead of USB 2.0 in the S6. I think the connection issues are related to that... so basically any Android device that doesn't support at least USB 2.0 is having issues and I'm not sure it can be fixed with a software update. That's my theory anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 did not work. Sporadically it did at first for a few hours but ultimately would not stay connected and was very glitchy. Purchased the Dragon Touch X10 per suggestion in this forum and can confirm it works very well. Nice, large screen and Again, full-size USB so no need for the OTG adapter. Also, it can charge through its own charger or the micro USB. Great tablet for the money. Screen does seem to scratch very easily though but hey, $119

Guest Chrid

So I have a Spider V and I'm trying to use the Android port the the proper otg adapter on my HTC 10 and it is not working properly. Any tips on what to do?

Guest Chris

So I have a Spider V and I'm trying to use the Android port the the proper otg adapter on my HTC 10 and it is not working properly. Any tips on what to do?

• 2 weeks later...

My Galaxy S7 with android 7 and firmware 1.03 works very well.  I'm sort of scared to upgrade to 1.04.

You can always downgrade if it doesn't work, I can''t see any reason why it wouldn't though.

Atleast you can get a connection.. Show off :D

Actually, is it possible to downgrade? I should think before I type

You can always downgrade if it doesn't work, I can''t see any reason why it wouldn't though.

Atleast you can get a connection.. Show off :D

Actually, is it possible to downgrade? I should think before I type

I upgraded this morning. I tried connection with my Samsung S6, which was previously flakey with constant crashes, and it worked very well. No crashes, responds quickly. I'll test it more this weekend, but I think the bug fixes may have been related to Android devices. There is also a fix for a problem with  V240HD's.

• 2 months later...

I also ordered a Line 6 Spider V 120, using a Sony Z5 Compact saying that OTG is working.

What about Android Emulators such as ANDY, BlueStacks...MEmu 3.0.8.0 is starting Spider Remote App but without Access to presets via Cloud search :(

Any idea?

Since the OTG Adapter is not included I directly ordered one + an USB-B cable to USB-A cable from Amazon as well though I have just read here that a printer cable works as well. I think when it comes to recoding Android users will be in an awkward position because then the USB is used for digital out and you may not be able to control the app, isn't it?

Sad to see that you will get negative reputation here by expressing the opinion and share one's experience.

Just to let people know this is possible... I was able to run Android x86 in VirtualBox connected to the Spider.

Screenshot

Works well. I can attach the Spider to the VM for control. When I detach it from the VM Windows picks it up in my DAW. Almost as good as having a Windows version of Spider Remote.

Additionally, USB audio works from any app. (i.e. I can play backing tracks through the amp while controlling it with Spider Remote).

Tips

Install the "Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack" for USB 3 support. Update your VM settings to use USB 3 (or 2 if your host only has 2).

I used the Android-x86 6.0 ISO.

Does this ISO support also Cloud preset access of Spider Remote App in VM? MEmu is not working with regard to this feature,

Does this ISO support also Cloud preset access of Spider Remote App in VM? MEmu is not working with regard to this feature,

Everything works for me. Sounds like your VM has no network connectivity. Maybe check the hosts firewall / AV configuration?

• Downvote 1

Thanks a lot but besides that Android X86 with VM is very lame and does not support the touch screen of my Windows Convertible. I checked it with Android X86 6 RC3 and 7.1 RC1. MEmu does that and is much quicker.

I will double check the network of the App there, unfortunately no Cloud preset show up though other online features work

Thanks a lot but besides that Android X86 with VM is very lame and does not support the touch screen of my Windows Convertible. I checked it with Android X86 6 RC3 and 7.1 RC1. MEmu does that and is much quicker.

I will double check the network of the App there, unfortunately no Cloud preset show up though other online features work

I have better luck on touch screen with Ami Duos emulator for Windows 10. Only $10 basic version. Tried the new Ami Dous version Lollipop $15 and the Spider V Remote App comes up saying not compatible. Still trying to figure that out. Amplifi app does not report that error. May be something in the emulator. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

No it doesn't connect to my android phone, samsung tablet, and when connected to my pc spider remote app opens and closes immediately. Very bummed. But the amp itself is 910 for me. Great tones . Just needs an lcd screen for more clarity on understanding what is, and isn't selected. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Here is my feedback : 

Try Spider remote on :

- My Surface laptop 3 -> works fine

- Samsung A71 -> works fine

- Samsung A8 -> works fine

- Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 -> works fine

- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019 -> works fine

So far, so good.

• 3 months later...