Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple Effects Per Foot Switch?

tbramer

I read buried within another post that you can't assign multiple effects blocks to a single foot switch.  I did this with my POD HD500, and really depend on it.  Is it true that you can't assign more than one effect per foot switch with the Firehawk 1500?

Thanks for the info.  That seems like such an obvious capability to carry over from the HD500.  Does anyone know if there's any plan to add this functionality via a firmware update?  This could literally be a deal-breaker for me for whether or not to buy a FH 1500.  Creating a whole new patch just to turn on/off an effect is inefficient, not to mention there's usually an audible "break" in the sound when switching between patches that isn't there when simply turning on/off an effect (at least on the HD500).  Is there something I'm missing?  Does anyone know a good workaround for this?

...  Does anyone know if there's any plan to add this functionality via a firmware update?  This could literally be a deal-breaker for me for whether or not to buy a FH 1500.  ...

As a general rule, never buy a product that is missing a potentially deal-breaker feature in the hopes that the feature might become available someday. If the day comes that this feature is added that, imho, is when you should reconsider the FH 1500. Based on what you've said there is a very high probability that you will be disappointed if you purchase it now.

• Upvote 1

Same here.  It has pretty much everything I want except for that one feature, which, unfortunately, I rely pretty heavily on.  It seems like such a no-brainer that I'm shocked it's not included.  I have a ticket submitted to Line 6 asking if they did the same thing to the Spider V, although I would much prefer to have the FH 1500.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess until Line 6 makes an equivalent to the Helix's snapshot in a new firmware update the best you could do is just save each configuration as a preset and just switched between them the "old fashioned" way. That is how I have been running my Lowdown for years.