Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unable to download JTV Firmware

2 day now.....Tried and tried ...several pcs....all Win Xp thru win8 .....same message or I get kicked to the new spider amp page and cant get out. 

Really?

Just a suggestion. It may be a glitch over your internet connection. How about downloading the JTV Flash Memory to your Windoze machine, then use Line 6 Monkey app to do the update with the local file. Worth a shot, unless I misunderstood your post.

Attempted to D/l from multiple Pc's Win Vista, Win 7 and Win 8.....Both direct and monkey downloads fail....tried about a hundred X. Reset router...disabled all anti Virus' ....Just got off the phone w/L6 support. they tell me there were server issues over the weekend. He tells me they are back up and running. gonna tool up and attempt d/l jtv firmware.

"Have re remembered to put a 1/4 jack in as well as the Ethernet to power the guitar?"---

With the JTV battery in it to keep USB line from sagging during a download.

"How about downloading the JTV Flash Memory to your Windoze machine, then use Line 6 Monkey app to do the update with the local file"---

Yes, download to your desktop and update from there. I do that all the time myself.

Use the VDI Interface Device, don't use any USB hubs, don't go thru effect units,... it wants a straight path.

sidsimo, did you have any luck with this?

I am having the same issues as you from your thread opener post.

Yes I got through to L6 support. they claimed to have had server issues. 

I was able to D/L all versions locally to a Win7 PC. Also I can flash with Monkey now.

So hopefully it's in the past. I am unable to see JTV Flash Mem. through Monkey v. 1.72.

Also, One of the JTVs

my oldest and dearest ....is not completing the Flashing process. Currentlyion the 4th try.

Some kind of I/O error. I hope it's not bricked

Ah well....follow  up My oldest JTV59 will flash to 1.70, but any other version causes I/O errors....

Probably needs to go to another topic. But wtf.....I have 5 JTVs......it's crazy trying to get these things flashed.

I prefer V.1.90, but am not able to do this on any of the guitars.

This is nuts....

"... got through to L6 support. they claimed to have had server issues"---

Yes, IT department was doing some work over the weekend. Sorry if it caused any problems.

sidsimo,... the 59,... log a ticket in your account. They will come to me and I will make

a recommendation to the custom support people. Roll-backs or updates are do'able with JTV's.

I can deal with it. 

barkeywayne,... yeah, it's a matter of taste. I'm more of a Gibson than Fender kind of guy, so v2.21 is good for me.

v1.90 or v2.21 for Chime,... either is fine, but then I have a '66 Ricki 370-12 (custom rebuild I did back in 1979),

so I have something to compare to it with. 2.21 is fine, but yeah, v1.90 has a good Chime model,...  I like 'em both.

UPDATE..........

I recently stated that I couldn't flash my oldest JTV59.....I did manage to get 1.70 successfully reinstaled, it seems that that is the only version that will take on this guitar. I'm trying to remember, and I think this has been the case on many other attempts over the years. I think that's why it's still at 1.70.

so far I've used the Vax interface, HDPod500x and a Helix. My preference is 1.90..... but that seems not in the cards as yet....

"... got through to L6 support. they claimed to have had server issues"---

Yes, IT department was doing some work over the weekend. Sorry if it caused any problems.

sidsimo,... the 59,... log a ticket in your account. They will come to me and I will make

a recommendation to the custom support people. Roll-backs or updates are do'able with JTV's.

I can deal with it. 

barkeywayne,... yeah, it's a matter of taste. I'm more of a Gibson than Fender kind of guy, so v2.21 is good for me.

v1.90 or v2.21 for Chime,... either is fine, but then I have a '66 Ricki 370-12 (custom rebuild I did back in 1979),

so I have something to compare to it with. 2.21 is fine, but yeah, v1.90 has a good Chime model,...  I like 'em both.

Ok I'll post up a svc ticket and give the details.  BTW....I noticed that I'm typing like S**t today.....is auto spell ruining me? or was it the 70's?

Vista has been something of a pain in general to everyone regarding everything.

I don't know anyone who actually likes it. Just a few who tolerated it til they got

something else.

Odd,... Vista shows up in my downloads page pull-down menu. Strange.

As far as your typing goes, I know what you mean,... I used to crew for the band

Iron Butterfly during the mid to late 70's. Was a tea tootler then too, even though

some of my pals weren't.

• Upvote 1