Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How Many G10's Can Be Used At The Same Time?

vttom

I can't seem to find any mention of how many G10s can be expected to operate in the same vicinity at the same time. In my band, the guitar player bought one, and we were all so impressed that the bass player and the fiddle player also ran out and got one. Just wanted to make sure we're not getting ourselves into trouble expecting 3 G10s to all play nice together at the same time.

Well, there are 16 available channels that the receiver scans automatically to find the best one when you first pair up the transmitter with the receiver. So the key to using multiple units is to lock in one, then move onto the next. To lock in, you dock the transmitter in the receiver for 15 seconds to let them pair up and select the channel and then plug it in your guitar. So once you do that with the first one, that assure the second one can't use that channel. The third one will be blocked from the first and second. As far the maximum, I guess theoretically, it's 16, but you also have to assume that some of those 16 channels may be unavailable because of interference. I would think you'd be OK with three, though.

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, tomkrajnc said:

And what about G10T in one G10R?

I play several guitars on-stage with different tunings, so I look for a multi Transmitter, single Receiver option.

Can, and how many, transmitters operate through one receiver?

Thanks, Tom

You can only pair one transmitter with one receiver at a time. You could use multiple transmitters in the sense that you could use one as a backup. But you would need to go through the pairing procedure to use the backup (plug transmitter in the base for 15 seconds so it can  find the best channel).

All that said, the G10 is still great to use with multiple instruments because you can hot-swap it. You can just pull it out of the first guitar and plug it in the second without having to worry about muting anything. The G10 will mute itself as soon as you unplug it.