Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Favorite Custom Tone Patches

beascott

Call me cheap...I love free Helix patches!  And, I am aware of the rating system on the Custom Tone site.  However, I am much more interested to hear which patches form Custom Tone folks have found useful or inspiring.  For instance, I really like the patch, Darkness, which seems to replicate the intro (lo fi), rhythm, and lead tones of "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" and "Barbarian" by The Darkness.  Any suggestions?

Not a blessed one. Personally, I think Customtone is a psych experiment...they want to see how many times you have to listen to something labeled "Joe Satriani"...that actually sounds like Joe Walsh...before you go insane.

That made me laugh pretty hard...thanks!

That made me laugh pretty hard...thanks!

Glad it gave you a chuckle, but I wasn't kidding...I gave up trying to use someone else's patches long ago. It works about as well as trying to play a tune by handing your guitar off to the guy who sat next to you on the train this morning, and yelling out notes whilst waving a whip and a chair. ;)

Good luck to you all the same!

ive found a lot of the custom tone patches to be very hit and miss, 

but, 

theres a patch on there called duran duran, its pretty simple, one basic , doesnt sound overly like the duran duran i remember, but its a lovely clean chorused sound, 

80's sounding , and fits in with a lot of stuff pretty well, ive used it and edited it for other stuff to make it more versatile, but the basic tone was the exact 80's clean sound i had in my head !!!