mileskb Posted October 17, 2016 Share Posted October 17, 2016 Has anyone seen this error before on the editor. It happens when I switch to a particular Setlist. Additionally that setlist has a "copy" of the next setlist up in the chain. What happened was I had a setlist called "TheHelixChannel" and as I needed some more room I renamed another setlist "TheHelixChannel+" (note the + at the end). But on the Helix unit itself, I noticed that it doesn't read that many characters in the window so I figured I'll change the second list to "MoreHelixChannel" and while it did change, I then got the " Badly formatted response from device" error. I turned the device off and on, and when it came back on, after doing a very long "rebuilding presets" routine, the new setlist had the same content as the original one from the next slot. And he're where is gets weird... (yeah) Any time I try to select a preset in the "bad" setlist, I get a "Timeout Waiting for response from device" error. When I switch to the original setlist, well things aren't normal there either, as I can switch to a preset, and the name of the preset appears in the Editor, but only the "patch location" (02b, 02c, etc) appears on the Helix itself, not the preset name. The blocks are there, and it works, just no Preset Name. When I switch to the "bad" setlist... I get the "Badly formatted response from device" error" and as stated above, "Timeout Waiting for response from device" when I try to select any preset from that list. I tried restoring from a bundle, and it didn't seem like it did anything. In fact, rather than overwriting like I thought it would, everything was still there that I had changed, like the import of the bundle did nothing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.