Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Brand New! G10T USB Charging Cable

MusicLaw

+1. I actually custom made one of these a while back from a USB cable and a female 1/4" jack. A much needed part for this system.

I think line6 goofed when they planned this product for just home-based use. Many guitarists, including myself, hate body-pack transmitters. I want a bug-style transmitter (the g10t is excellent), super-simple operation, and a receiver that can be powered via USB or the current pedalboard standards.

The g10 system is so close to the wireless system that pretty much every guitarist I know, who doesn't tour regularly, wants. Give it more flexiblilty to power the receiver, an easy way to charge the transmitter, and slightly better range, and you've got the best selling wireless system. The bug charging is fixed with this new cable. Neither of the other two would be hard to do. Perhaps there's a version 2 in the works.

Oh, and L6, if you're going with USB power, give it a standard sized B connector. Something with some meat to it. I know I'll soon be modding my g10 receiver's USB input, because it is going to fail.

• 4 weeks later...

Just received the new G10 Relay USB Charging cable from Amazon this morning and used it to top charge my G10 Transmitter from a USB battery pack.

This has already proven to be a convenient alternative charging method, as there's no need to return the Transmitter to the Base unit which is located with the amps across the room.

The cable is well constructed from durable cabling and has moulded strain reliefs at both ends. The G10 Transmitter seats very securely in the 1/4" female jack. After reaching full charge (Transmitter's LED Steady Green) unplugging the cable from the battery pack causes the Transmitter (still attached to the cable), to enter Sleep Mode 4 minutes later. Leaving the transmitter connected to the cable, also will make both items far less likely to be misplaced.

The cable assembly measures 44".

• 8 months later...

It has no degrading affect to the charge time. I have not had my G10T at minimal battery level for months, so I can't give you a time spec for a full charge using the accessory cable. On the other hand, when I'm done using my G10T after several days of use and I charge it with the accessory cable, it is fully charged in about 30 mins.

Also, after having fully charged the G10ST using the accessory cable, and then did not use the G10T for several weeks, when I subsequently reconnected it to the charging cable to make sure it was brought back to fully charged status, it only took a very few minutes (about 3-5) before it was fully charged (i.e solid Green LED). Thus, the G10T's lithium battery does not loose very much of it's charge when not being used. During the several weeks of nonuse, I leave the G10T resting in the unpowered base receiver charger unit, but the G10T is NOT fully inserted in the base, and the base is not energized! If fully inserted, I believe the battery will drain in the non energized base unit. My guess is the Transmitter would go into Standby mode after 4 minutes fully inserted in the non energized base, and then it would have about 200 hours of Standby Battery life.

So, to keep the Transmitter's battery in best shape, keep the Transmitter is OFF! This requires that the microswitch at the base of the Transmitter's 1/4 Sleeve is NOT depressed!