Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELIX Forum Chrome

laxtlo

Helix forum doens´t work with Chrome browser ??? If i go to forum and click helix under multi-effects unit if forward me back to line6.com

Everything work nice via firefox ? I did disable adblock from chrome but no help at all.

.....clearing the cache fixes the problem.

I have not found clearing the cache to consistently fix the problem. As of yesterday I have been able to get to the forum after clearing the cache and then proceeded to have problems logging in, or I have been able to login and then tried again in another session and either been unable to bring up the forum page or again had login problems. The page will accept my login as in it will not reject the login or password but then will show me as not logged in.

Seems to be more cooperative today though. Maybe they put in some more fixes since yesterday. Will report back if issues continue.

Update: Still having issues with Chrome. Refreshing the page often results in logging me out, never did that before the update yesterday. Firefox is also experiencing weird timeouts and delays although it is performing better than Chrome. IE 11 works but I don't use it as they never really fixed the issue where quoting does not function reliably in IE.

I believe the issue not only cache, but also the session settings, and possibly cookies.   For the past several weeks this has cropped up intermittently and like HonestOpinion found, just clearing cache only works sometimes.

I use a tool called CCleaner from Pinform.  Be careful if you are not used to using such tools, but I set it to only clear the cache and session settings for chrome and I manually clear the Line6 cookies from within Chrome.  This seems to work most of the time.  Once you get back to the forums, you may want to Log In and then Log out and then back in again.   I'm not positive this helps, but it can't hurt as if they changed any session settings, this will cause them to get refreshed.

However...  trouble-shooting is compounded by there actually apparently being issues with the forum.   

A good test to know if it's you or them....  if you get bounced to the home page when you try to use your forums bookmark... scroll to the bottom of the home page and click forums.   If it brings you to the Forum index and you are able to access other Line6 product forums, than it's clear the cookies/cache/session time.

Works OK here with Chrome. Try clearing the browser's cache.

I have noticed lately, and more often, that the performance of these forums has been very sporadic.

Sorry to say the Line 6 site is not working reliably with Chrome, Firefox, or IE, even with the cache cleared. The site had several issues just last night, the late evening hours (West Coast time) seem to be when the site is most glitchy . The forums are still clearly experiencing timeouts, delays, and long hangs. The link on the main Line 6 main page for "Support" which contains the links to, among other things, the forums, is not always loading.  I am seeing server timeout messages (http 5xx), these status codes indicate an issue on the server side, not the client. I have also gotten 'lists' that essentially look like raw unformatted web page code or content returned in the last few days including last night. This topic should not be marked "Answered" yet, much as I would like it to be. I think they are working in some new code, have a scheduled script or job that has run amok, or are trying to resolve some technical issue. I hope people will keep reporting until this issue actually is fixed. It is performing well right now though.

Sorry to say the Line 6 site is not working reliably with Chrome, Firefox, or IE, even with the cache cleared. The site had several issues just last night, the late evening hours (West Coast time) seem to be when the site is most glitchy . The forums are still clearly experiencing timeouts, delays, and long hangs. The link on the main Line 6 main page for "Support" which contains the links to, among other things, the forums, is not always loading.  I am seeing server timeout messages (http 5xx), these status codes indicate an issue on the server side, not the client. I have also gotten 'lists' that essentially look like raw unformatted web page code or content returned in the last few days including last night. This topic should not be marked "Answered" yet, much as I would like it to be. I think they are working in some new code, have a scheduled script or job that has run amok, or are trying to resolve some technical issue. I hope people will keep reporting until this issue actually is fixed. It is performing well right now though.

I've gotten the same behavior you describe here lately, regardless of the browser used, including once with the gibberish content. It's been OK for at least the past 24 hours or so. The forums seem to go through these spurts occasionally. My guess is it will be fine for a while and eventually act up again. It's been like this for quite some time, months at least. Perhaps it just needs to be maintained more frequently.

I've gotten the same behavior you describe here lately, regardless of the browser used, including once with the gibberish content. It's been OK for at least the past 24 hours or so. The forums seem to go through these spurts occasionally. My guess is it will be fine for a while and eventually act up again. It's been like this for quite some time, months at least. Perhaps it just needs to be maintained more frequently.

I am not surprised to hear this has happened in the past. Many sites experience occasional growing pains, technical problems, or periodic maintenance, archiving, or cleanup issues. In a year of fairly regular usage however use I have not seen any misbehavior as consistent and pronounced as the issues over the last few days. I would say these last hiccups have been a little more severe and persistent than any in my recent memory. Not trying to be alarmist, I am sure they will get resolved. I am just trying to provide some user feedback to L6.