Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Replacing Magnetic Pickups

Could be the power mange circuit in the battery box on the guitar. Solder point or program glitch could send a "false battery low signal" to the main board,

which would keep it from turning on.

And don't use any of those cheap 3rd party batteries, use the correct Line 6 versions. Have had a number of problems with other batteries from other sources.

Have the JTV-59 checked out at your local Line 6 service center,....

https://line6.com/find/service_center/

• 5 weeks later...

psarkissian

Thank you for your post. 
I only have original products. It also does not work on the bench. 
Grateful, but here in Brazil there is no authorized technical assistance? 
When I go to the USA I will take to check. It is the best.
Sincerely, Cesar, Rio, Brazil

Agradeço a sua postagem. Só tenho produtos originais. Ela não funciona também na bancada. Grato, mas aqui no Brasil não há uma assistência técnica autorizada? Quando for aos EUA levarei para verificar. É o melhor.
Atenciosamente Cesar, Rio, Brasil

@psarkissian Any issue with putting a TV Jones Classic 4.8k humbucker into the bridge position of a JTV-69? I've had it in a standard strat and wanting to put it in my Variax because I really like the sound. I know you've recommending 6-8k but wondering if that is due to going north of that range more so than south of that range. Being like a 12K pickup may cause issues while something like a 5k may sound brighter but still be ok as far as the circuit is concerned. Thanks in advance!