Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V No guitar sound

sman44

• 3 weeks later...

I did a factory reset on mine when the same thing happened and it fixed it right away. Give it a shot if you didn't already, hopefully that helps.

Q: How do I perform a factory reset on the Spider V series?

A: Hold down the Home button to access the settings menu. Scroll down with the encoder to where it says Factory Reset. Scroll to the right and press the encoder knob to hit Yes.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem using the FBV3 until I found that if I take the volume pedal all the way down to 0 and then raise it, I once again had sound.  I don't know if that would apply to just the amp by turning the volume knob all the way down or not.  Guess it's worth a try

Also some patches from the tone cloud have a volume pedal in the signal chain. You get no sound unless you turn the pedal off if you don't have a pedal connected. Took me a few minutes to realise this, I was freaking thinking my new amp had gone bad! :-)

• 1 month later...

I have just experienced the same problem with my spider 5 240. No sound from anywhere. Guitar input, wireless or corded, AUX in, drum loops, guitar loops..... Nothing. I did a factory reset, but still experiencing the same issues.

Also my FBV floorboard is not powering up an interview have tried different cat5 cables.

I put in a support ticket, let's see what happens.

• 7 months later...

I just had the same problem. It scared me because I have a show coming up soon. I use the G10 wireless transmitter so I was thinking that it went bad on me. I tried a regular guitar cable and still had no sound (the drum beat button still worked but that wasn't helping me). I began to follow someone else's instructions to reset the amp to factory settings (which I didn't want to do because I have custom settings that I love). Holding down the Home button, I saw that my wireless was on channel six. I plugged the G10 into the amp and watched it cycle through different channels until it seemed to be happy with channel 1. Then I plugged it into my guitar and BAM! I was back in business! I hope this helps you guys and I hope it never happens while any of us are onstage.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Does anyone have a solution to this I’ve had 2 spider v 120 and

the same thing happened to both of them.no sound at all ive

done a factory reset and changed all my cables and used different 

guitars with no joy is there anyway I could muted the amp 

on the app 

On 2/3/2017 at 4:35 PM, pber2025 said:

Also some patches from the tone cloud have a volume pedal in the signal chain. You get no sound unless you turn the pedal off if you don't have a pedal connected. Took me a few minutes to realise this, I was freaking thinking my new amp had gone bad! :-)

Which peaches or do I have to go through them all

• 2 years later...
On 9/27/2018 at 9:03 PM, SeaRefractor said:

Try a set of headphones.   Do you get anything?

Next unplug the headphones and see if the audio comes back.     The 1.05 firmware added phones/line changes that take place when the phones are detected.   Your amp might be in a state where it thinks the phones are plugged in.

You could try:

1. Plug-in jack 1/4 on your v 120.

2. Invoke firmware settings by holding “Home” button

3. Change “Phones Mode” option from Phones to Line.

This would result in the amp using the primary speaker for monitor purposes and send only line level out the phones jack.     You can then try the steps to reverse it back to phones use.

If it's less than a month you might also inquire with the shop on an exchange if you can't get this resolved quickly.

On 11/8/2016 at 5:18 PM, Guest Bob said:

I did a factory reset on mine when the same thing happened and it fixed it right away. Give it a shot if you didn't already, hopefully that helps.

Q: How do I perform a factory reset on the Spider V series?

A: Hold down the Home button to access the settings menu. Scroll down with the encoder to where it says Factory Reset. Scroll to the right and press the encoder knob to hit Yes.

After 2 years I have been playing with my line6 spider V120 and worked perfect but I start having problems with the app to set up cloud presets. It said error... And I uninstalled the app and updated but happened the same and when I realized there are no sound at all from the speaker neither from the headphones. I reset the amp to factory settings and the only thing I got was to waste my amazing personal presets. Still there is  No sound at all. I am frustrated. If any technician from line 6 read this note please be kind to help me. Thank you. Or anyone who knows to to solve that.