Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using POD HD500 on a pedal chain

tazima

Hello everyone!

I'm about to sell some of my analog stombboxes and get a POD HD500.

The thing is I want to keep my Big muff and my Whammy DT.

I've seen some videos about this subject but none specific about the Whammy and where to plug as a pedal chain.

Cutting to the chase....

1)If I decide do keep my Whammy DT and my big muff, how am I supossed to chain them with the POD? e.g. guitar > Whammy > big muff > POD (where am I supossed to connect it on the pod? As the guitar in or as a send return??)

2) Anyone ever tested the performance of a Whammy DT going through the POD?

Thanks in advance and sorry for any misspeling/punctuation issues, english is not my mother language :D

Since both FX are plugging into the same place that a guitar was when they're hooked to an amp, going Guitar>Whammy>Big Muff>Pod would work fine plugging into the Guitar Input, but as a better option, you could use the FX loop send and returns. That way if you wanted to include some HD FX before your Whammy>Big Muff you can. The FX Loop is essentially treated as another FX block so by using it you can put your external FX (in your case the Whammy/Big Muff) anywhere you can put an FX block in the signal chain.

• Upvote 1

Brue58ski pretty much has it for you.

You may or may not need the Muff (check out the fuzz in there) but the HD does need a Whammy.

I always default to: dist goes to the "in" and mods in the loop. But you should experiment as the HD is pretty flexible.

• Upvote 1

While I think you can use the pod as a standalone, the fx loop is the best bet for the outside pedals. 

That way: 

1. you can put them before or after or somewhere in between. 

2. when you don't need them, they can be bypassed so that there is no degradation of the signal. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

i like to change the foot switch mainboard in PODHD500.

Have anyone informations abaou a direkt company to by it...?

p18-pod x4 live footsw pcb rev A P/N  35-00-0387-2 06.17.2010 ced-hhx

attachicon.gifIMG_20161107_103910.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20161107_103015.jpg

You might be best starting a new post but I do not have any info. You might be able to pick up a used HD with issues and use the parts. You could also open a support ticket and you then might be able to buy what you need.