Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ibanez neck on a JTV 69 HSS

Extraordinarily unlikely to work. Even if you can shoehorn it in there (which is a longshot...the heel dimensions are not the same as a Strat) I'll bet you the price of a nice Warmoth replacement that there will be scale issues, and the intonation will never be right.

Check out Warmoth's "wizard" profile necks...they're pretty slim. Probably not quite as razor-thin as some of the shred-mobiles that Ibanez makes, but it'll get you in the ballpark. Lord knows anything is better than the stock neck on these things.

Thanks for the reply. Thinking of going for the Ibanez Andy Timmons AT100 vibe on steroids since my JTV 69 is burst finish.

Ive been playing the JTV neck for a couple of weeks and still feels a bit different to me.

I'm comfy with ibanez necks but didn't like the vibe of the JTV 89.

Thanks for the reply. Thinking of going for the Ibanez Andy Timmons AT100 vibe on steroids since my JTV 69 is burst finish.

Ive been playing the JTV neck for a couple of weeks and still feels a bit different to me.

I'm comfy with ibanez necks but didn't like the vibe of the JTV 89.

I have a Warmouth neck being made for my JTV69. I went with the standard thin profile, mainly because the wizard profile has a very limited choice of woods. I guess because it's so thin, they won't take chances.

I put a Warmoth neck on my JTV-69 as well (the standard thin with a CBS-era large strat headstock and a compound radius...). I just couldn't get used to the narrower nut width on the stock neck. The Warmoth neck is just phenomenal!

I put a Warmoth neck on my JTV-69 as well (the standard thin with a CBS-era large strat headstock and a compound radius...). I just couldn't get used to the narrower nut width on the stock neck. The Warmoth neck is just phenomenal!

part or model number of that neck please... :-) for my JTV69!

part or model number of that neck please... :-) for my JTV69!

All of Warmoth's Strat replacement necks will fit...the aesthetics of the headstock don't matter, just the heel dimensions, and those haven't changed since 1954. Order anything you like...those giant headstocks make it look like your guitar has a pituitary problem, if you ask me. Unless of course you're looking for it to double as a field hockey stick...;)

Here is my order from Warmoth:

Style: CBS Stratocaster®
Construction: Vintage/Modern Construction
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: SS6150 (Stainless)
Tuner Ream: Gotoh/Grover (13/32" 11/32")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Scale: 25-1/2"
Fret #: 21
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut
Inlays: Abalone Face Dots
Side Dots: White Side Dots

This is the finished result:
10F9D7E2-9B75-436A-84E1-8A91AC7A51CD_zps

3B8BB62C-CCB4-4E95-B1CF-3C801A026F36_zps
  • Upvote 1

All of Warmoth's Strat replacement necks will fit...the aesthetics of the headstock don't matter, just the heel dimensions, and those haven't changed since 1954. Order anything you like...those giant headstocks make it look like your guitar has a pituitary problem, if you ask me. Unless of course you're looking for it to double as a field hockey stick... ;)

One thing to be aware of is that the mounting holes do not all line up. I wound up needing to drill two of them on mine. Not a huge deal but good to be aware of before you order.

One thing to be aware of is that the mounting holes do not all line up. I wound up needing to drill two of them on mine. Not a huge deal but good to be aware of before you order.

Yes, I know...I've done it, lol. When I said they'll all fit, I was only referring to the heel and pocket dimensions. The offset holes obviously need to be dealt with.