Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP!! with Helix to DT25

Pacohelix

Im new to all this techno stuff.  But I want to change channels on my dt25 using helix.  Right now its just set on the clean channel and i do everything with helix.  I would like to use the other 3 channels.  So do i use midi?  do i use the l6 link.  and how do i do it.  please help

ok

http://line6.com/support/topic/23374-dt-series-amp-integration-and-helix-revisited/

Start reading this and the other links listed on this, and right now YES u use midi.

And download the DT50/25 midi guide from Line 6 site too.

http://line6.com/media/dt50/DT_MIDIGuide_v2_0_RevA_English.pdf

ok  so what do I need.  a midi cable.  a midi interface ( I read to change the dt settings you need this)

ok

ok  so what do I need.  a midi cable.  a midi interface ( I read to change the dt settings you need this)

You can get by with a MIDI cable and Helix but life is currently much easier if you set up the DT first with a MIDI interface.  I use the M-audio Uno.

And use DT-Edit to blank/zero out the DT amp midi settings (as discussed in many threads) when you are ready to use it with Helix.

OK I found a midi interface laying around.  I downloaded DTEDIT.  I see where I can change the amps and and select none and just use the power amp.  pretty cool stuff.  I don't have a midi cable laying around though gotta wait a day or two for shipping now.  So once I blank out the amps on the DT what am I actually doing.  If the amp is blanked I basically have 8 empty channels.  so from there I'm just using the amp for Class A  A/B and pen/triode.  or am I missing something?

You are zeroing out the DT50/25 midi setting on the amp so that you can then run Helix amps (and cabs if you are going passive FRFR). OTOH if you are using a cab u like the tones on,  you don't want the DT-amp or Helix adding a Cab/IR/emulation on top of the tone of the cab you like, and are using. It muddies the sound in some cases, but its still up to u because sometimes adding in a Helix cab on top of the tones from a real cab is preferred. Don't forget you are also changing the topology types 1, II. III. and IV ( for 1=Fender, II= Marshall etc, III= Vox, and IV= high gain amps.