sabastiane

Guitar model selector cap JTV-69s

My cap for my guitar model selector keeps coming off. Any good way to keep it on that anyone has tried.

Ahh, quality control...

Glue. Preferably something that you might actually be able to remove again, if need be...I'd stay in the rubber cement family, rather than Crazy Glue.

Those knobs sometimes require a small shim inside. If you wake up one day and pushing down on the knob doesn't engage the models anymore, it's usually because the shaft can't travel far enough to trigger the switch...hence the need for a shim. Common problem. Those knobs are...well let's just say "not terribly robust" parts.

Maybe try some plumbers tape on the post before you put the knob back on it. The stuff you use when replacing faucets or shower heads.

A few very small dabs along the top edge of the knob with Krazy Glue,... carefully.

don't get any on you or on anything else. Put the top cap back on.

Let it set for an hour, before you put the top cap back on.

Wait, I think you mean just the cap that tops the model selector knob. NOT the whole selector knob. I get it. Forget my advise.

brue58ski,... we have a more permanent fix for knob bottom out, similar to

what you had in mind. But your thing works to in a pinch,... for the knob bottoming

out thing. Very good.