Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best Impulse Responses for Metal?

Zzz123

I bought the Ownhammer Heavy Hitters pack and have really liked it. When I bought the Helix, I thought it sounded improved over the Hd500, but when i added the Ownhammer IR's it was a massive improvement. I think the Heavy Hitters pack will have everything you will ever want or need for metal. Although not a metal patch per se, my favorite right now is an Uberschall with a Mesa cab with G80 Speakers. You can also do a lot with the Modded JCM800 and the cabs in the Heavy Hitters pack. The Rectifier also sounded much improved with the Ownhammer IR's. 

Hope that helps. 

Yorke

A "best" amp/cab/mic/string(s)/pick(s)/toothpaste/chainsaw/canoe/hip waders/ or fondue pot, for any given application....wait for it....doesn't exist! If something works for you, congratulations, you're done. If not, try others until you find something that does. My "best" might be your "worst". Maybe you'll hit it on the first try, or maybe it'll take a year and a day....

• Downvote 1

With exception of fat lazy(?), I have some from each. All good with some amp or other, all bad with something. In other words, cruisinon nailed it. Have fun, spend money! Find the ones YOU like, you're bound to think that MY favorites suck!

Personally I like Studiocats Friedman 212 IRs he posted free on this forum. I also like the 3sigma Mesa Road King IRs.

The free Ownhammer Mesa ones are okay too.

But I've been getting good metal sounds out of the Helix 412 XXL V30 cab with a Dynamic 112 mic. You can add a parametric eq after with a 750Hz mid cut and little bass boost.