Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

firmware updates on g10 ?

tntenterpises02

Can anyone comment as to specific instructions on g10 updates ? Im on win 8 and Ive downloaded the updater it shows my unit and I click on it to show updates. when it goes through update process it states unit will restart and be ready. This is the problem, unit never restarts by itself so I think it means I need to restart but if I unplug and re plug in it shows same two updates in the software.... Do they need to be done incrementally perhaps ? the older one first ? Can anyone comment if the unit appears to restart itself after update ? how long ?

I did exactly that last night but on a mac. Yeah it says it will restart and the updates still appear in the list but I just unplugged it after it said all updates were successful and it worked as expected. I had to update to stop the green light blinking on the transmitter when sitting in the receiver after I'd been charging it for over 18 hours. All good now.. 

I did exactly that last night but on a mac. Yeah it says it will restart and the updates still appear in the list but I just unplugged it after it said all updates were successful and it worked as expected. I had to update to stop the green light blinking on the transmitter when sitting in the receiver after I'd been charging it for over 18 hours. All good now.. 

thanks for responding. I hadnt noticed any problems yet so wouldnt have any way to know if the update actually worked. I still wonder if I need to go back and do the other older  update as well ? line 6 this needs to be a little more user friendly or at least include or post something online with instructions..

• 1 month later...

I own a Relay G10.  I have two questions please.

1) I downloaded the Line 6 updater so I can download the latest firmware but my device does not show and there are no basic instructions showing how to add a new device.  How do I add my G10 so I can update it please?

2) Where would the G10 go in a pedal chain that is plugged into the front input on an amp please?

If there is a better place to ask these questions, please let me know.

I figured out the pedal chain issue and it works great with my pedal board so really just need to know how to add my device to the Line 6 updated so I can download and update the firmware.  Thanks!