Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Spider V Specs?

steiny2801

Hi there, can anyone help me out with finding out the specifications of the spider v? I'm thinking about trying to get a different speaker for it, but I would like to know what kind of speaker is already in it? I would also like to know what the current speaker is rated at. Thanks in advance!

This is all I have been able to find. Basically, the speaker size changes with the Spider V model, but the only description is size and "custom speaker and tweeter". I guess you'd have to open it and see for yourself, but that may void your warranty.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/spider-v/spider-v-3060120240-faq-r834

May I ask why you would want to change the speaker? If you are not happy with the frequency response, there is an EQ block on each tone after the cabinet model that you can use to tweak the frequency response. The power rating of the speaker should be the power rating of the amp, I would think, so that a Spider V 60 with 1x10" speaker should be rated at 60W? The only exception would be the Spider V 240, which has 2x12" speakers, which would mean each of the two speakers would handle 120W.

This is all I have been able to find. Basically, the speaker size changes with the Spider V model, but the only description is size and "custom speaker and tweeter". I guess you'd have to open it and see for yourself, but that may void your warranty.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/spider-v/spider-v-3060120240-faq-r834

May I ask why you would want to change the speaker? If you are not happy with the frequency response, there is an EQ block on each tone after the cabinet model that you can use to tweak the frequency response. The power rating of the speaker should be the power rating of the amp, I would think, so that a Spider V 60 with 1x10" speaker should be rated at 60W? The only exception would be the Spider V 240, which has 2x12" speakers, which would mean each of the two speakers would handle 120W.

I think some people find that different speakers yield different tone. I also think people like to experiment. Experimentation lives in many humans. While it may be true to certain degree it's usually not enough of a difference to me. Like you said there's EQ's to utilize.

I like your avatar.

I think some people find that different speakers yield different tone. I also think people like to experiment. Experimentation lives in many humans. While it may be true to certain degree it's usually not enough of a difference to me. Like you said there's EQ's to utilize.

I like your avatar.

Thanks, Brazzy. Same right back at ya.

I'm not really concerned about the brand of the internal speaker or how it is voiced. I just turn of the EQ adjust the sound using the amp knobs or the app until it is as close to what I want as I can get it, then turn on the EQ and fine tune. The only reason I asked was not to try to steer steiny2801 away from opening up the amp and performing a speakerectomy/speaker transplant, but maybe to save steiny some money if all that was needed was an EQ adjustment.

Thanks, Brazzy. Same right back at ya.

I'm not really concerned about the brand of the internal speaker or how it is voiced. I just turn of the EQ adjust the sound using the amp knobs or the app until it is as close to what I want as I can get it, then turn on the EQ and fine tune. The only reason I asked was not to try to steer steiny2801 away from opening up the amp and performing a speakerectomy/speaker transplant, but maybe to save steiny some money if all that was needed was an EQ adjustment.

Right On! Saving money is high on my priority list.