Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Editor and Foot Controller Not Always in Sync

yoMuzicMan

Using Helix Rack 2.01 with foot controller and editor 2.01 in Windows 10.

When editing a preset using Helix Editor, the snapshot shown in the editor reflects the current snapshot active on the foot controller.  For example, if I press a button on the foot controller to change to a snapshot, the editor will update to show that snapshot.  And if I change the snapshot using the pull down menu in the editor, it will change the active snapshot on the foot controller

This usually works.

But sometimes the foot controller and the editor don't update each other.  Meaning if I change to a different snapshot on the foot controller, the editor doesn't change with it.  Or if I change to a different snapshot in the editor, it doesn't update the foot controller.

Anyone else ever encounter this?

Thanks.

2 things.

1 - Restarting the rack seemed to have corrected the issue of keeping the rack and foot controller in sync.

2 - I do just about everything in the Helix editor, but today I happened to notice a message on the display of the rack that said it needed to update the foot controller to work properly.  Never noticed that before.  So I did that, and now my foot controller displays camera icons next to the snapshot which it didn't do before.  Kinda nice.

I never read anywhere about updating the foot controller.  Glad Line 6 keeps thing this updated too.

Hopefully this update will enable better communication between the rack and foot controller going forward.

I never read anywhere about updating the foot controller.  Glad Line 6 keeps thing this updated too.

Yes, it's often necessary to update the foot controller after a firmware update. I make a habit of disconnecting the foot controller during the firmware update. After the update completes I reconnect the foot controller, whereupon the Rack display informs you if a foot controller update is necessary and performs the update after confirmation.