Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just discovered a iOS slow-downer app that works over USB with HELIX. **with** a built in volume control

d0stenning

Use iPhone/iPad via USB with HELIX? Up to now i've used slow-downer app Capo to jam to backing tracks. *But* only way to adjust volume is via USB 1/2 Trim knob in Global settings. 

Capo - like other iOS apps ***including iTunes/Apple Music!!!*** doesnt have an independent volume when using Camera Kit. I've pressed the Capo developer on this via email but to no avail. 
----But ... tonight discovered iOS app ANYTUNE which **does** have an independent volume control.  This is SOOO much easier and convenient than constantly going to that Global settings page for USB 1/2 Trim.   It also appears to be much more supported & feature rich than Capo. 

• Upvote 1

Use iPhone/iPad via USB with HELIX? Up to now i've used slow-downer app Capo to jam to backing tracks. *But* only way to adjust volume is via USB 1/2 Trim knob in Global settings. 

Capo - like other iOS apps ***including iTunes/Apple Music!!!*** doesnt have an independent volume when using Camera Kit. I've pressed the Capo developer on this via email but to no avail. 
----But ... tonight discovered iOS app ANYTUNE which **does** have an independent volume control.  This is SOOO much easier and convenient than constantly going to that Global settings page for USB 1/2 Trim.   It also appears to be much more supported & feature rich than Capo. 

Very cool, thanks!  I just use Youtube right now for breaking down fast licks which allows me to slow down to as much as 25% tempo without pitch change but this is a very flexible app. I could see that looping function being really convenient and I like the way you integrated it into the Helix.

Very cool, thanks!  I just use Youtube right now for breaking down fast licks which allows me to slow down to as much as 25% tempo but this is a very flexible app. I could see that looping function being really convenient and I like the way you integrated it into the Helix.

yes the key reason i mentioned this app was really the Volume control issue - being able to control the iPad/iPhone volume when connected over USB, because for some reason iOS or USB standard  disables the volume control buttons on your iPad or iPhone  when plugging into a class compliant device like the HELIX - when using Apple Camera Kit etc... 

Its great that L6 added an option to tweak the volume of incoming audio on USB 1/2 in  release 2.0  but it is fiddly to have to switch to the global page to have to do this all the time.    Apps like ANYTUNE  get over this problem.   

Still means the volume controls on the iDevice remain disabled - but nothing we can do about that it seems. Its an Apple or USB thing....  :( 

yes the key reason i mentioned this app was really the Volume control issue - being able to control the iPad/iPhone volume when connected over USB, because for some reason iOS or USB standard  disables the volume control buttons on your iPad or iPhone  when plugging into a class compliant device like the HELIX - when using Apple Camera Kit etc... 

Its great that L6 added an option to tweak the volume of incoming audio on USB 1/2 in  release 2.0  but it is fiddly to have to switch to the global page to have to do this all the time.    Apps like ANYTUNE  get over this problem.   

Still means the volume controls on the iDevice remain disabled - but nothing we can do about that it seems. Its an Apple or USB thing....   :(

Thanks for bringing attention to the volume issue. This is a great way to get around it.

• Upvote 1

Been using this for a while, and can highly recommend it!

Am literally just getting started with it - but already its easy to see that iits way easier than Capo - even just to access ones iTunes library and playlists. 

And there was me thinking Capo must be [still] the best of class in this kind of thing on the iDevice.  

How wrong I was !

Very cool, thanks! I just use Youtube right now for breaking down fast licks which allows me to slow down to as much as 25% tempo without pitch change but this is a very flexible app. I could see that looping function being really convenient and I like the way you integrated it into the Helix.

"Very cool, thanks! I just use Youtube right now for breaking down fast licks which allows me to slow down to as much as 25% tempo without pitch change but this is a very flexible app. I could see that looping function being really convenient and I like the way you integrated it into the Helix."

You tube to slow tempo without pitch change? Please tell me more, I do not see where I can do this. Thanks!

"Very cool, thanks! I just use Youtube right now for breaking down fast licks which allows me to slow down to as much as 25% tempo without pitch change but this is a very flexible app. I could see that looping function being really convenient and I like the way you integrated it into the Helix."

You tube to slow tempo without pitch change? Please tell me more, I do not see where I can do this. Thanks!

Bring up any video, you need to skip past any advertising or wait for it to finish. Click on 'Settings' (the icon that looks like a cog/gear towards the bottom right side of the Youtube screen), it will have a 'Speed' option. Just select the speed you want and the song will play at that speed but without changing pitch. 

• Upvote 1

Bring up any video, you need to skip past any advertising or wait for it to finish. Click on 'Settings' (the icon that looks like a cog) it will have a 'Speed' option. Just select the speed you want and the song will play at that tempo but without changing pitch.

I appreciate this little tidbit HonestOpinion!