Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 with dual amps?

heatwave23

Odd question but I do have a use case for this setup. I want to split the signal of the guitar (no effects) to two different amps simultaneously.  

If I own a G10 Digital Wireless Guitar System and a Spider V can I sync the relay with both the Spider V and the G10 Charging station and broadcast to both simultaneously?

I guess I need to know if the relay syncs to the Spider or does the spider sync to the relay?

I know I could run the G10 Base through a ABY switch but that is a secondary option to the one above. 

Thanks, 

Hi, I was able to get the g10t to transmit to both a Spider V 60 and the G10 receiver>amp simultaneously. Sync the G10t to the receiver, then on your Spider V amp hold down the home button for a few seconds, this will bring you to a menu where you can change the wireless setting from manual to auto. From there you can choose which channel you want to use on the Spider V amp. You will have to manually sweep through the channels and find which channel the G10t is on. Once you find the same channel you will have sound coming out of the Spider V as well as whatever your G10 receiver is plugged into.

• Upvote 1

The Relay G10 Base XLR output is an Instrument Level output. This, according to Line 6's Relay product manager. Thus, you could use an XLR to 1/4" TS cable to accomplish the results. I have used the Relay G10 base as a Y Box and it works very well to run two amps at the same time!

I have also discovered that it is possible to pair one G10 Transmitter with two separate G10 Receiver bases. SImply insert the G10 Transmitter into the first base unit, allow it to pair, and then remove the Transmitter. Repeat the process with the same transmitter in the other G10 base. When you remove the transmitter press its collar micro switch to confirm both base units acknowledge (their blinkng white halo lights go steady) that they have locked to the same transmitter's signal.

Apparently, the automatic channel selection routine in each base has no way of knowing its first channel choice is the same as what the first base has selected. The result is that when you play, both bases receive the same signal (on the same channel).

My guess would be that the receiver in the Spider V amps works the same way. You may want to try it to confirm if you get the chance before purchasing the amp.

When you want to use multiple units and specifically avoid this double receiver method described above, it is imperative that any prior wireless units be active while you pair any subsequent units. Only this way will each see all the currently active channels. The G10 will select from 14 available channels.

Hope this helps....

• Upvote 1

Hi, I was able to get the g10t to transmit to both a Spider V 60 and the G10 receiver>amp simultaneously. Sync the G10t to the receiver, then on your Spider V amp hold down the home button for a few seconds, this will bring you to a menu where you can change the wireless setting from manual to auto. From there you can choose which channel you want to use on the Spider V amp. You will have to manually sweep through the channels and find which channel the G10t is on. Once you find the same channel you will have sound coming out of the Spider V as well as whatever your G10 receiver is plugged into.

Good to see that Line 6 provided Auto and Manual receiver channel configuration options in the Spider V amps. I suppose they needed to so they could accommodate the other Relay units too.