Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Searching for Dreamrig Patches (POD500X & DT25)

freezerlord

Hi there! :) 

OK folks, I admit - this is a double post, so one of the worst things to do on a forum :D. But I honestly didn´t see that there´s a dedicated DT25/50 forum before, so please show some mercy. The original post is here (though, with not a single reply :( ). 

I would love to find some well constructed patches and/or resources you guys would recommend - sadly, some of the links provided here in the forum are already down and the customtone library doesn´t have a lot (--> searched for 500X /500 patches and used Dt25 as a search term). 

You have some patches from other sources saved somewhere? Cool! You made some on your own? Awesome! I´ll take everything  :D.

My preferences are definitely notimportant, open for everything that this community recommends  :). Besides, my favorite style vary a lot - starting with rock/southern rock (wylde) to metal (petrucci, dimebag, metallica) over BluesRock (Bonamassa/Clapton), Flamenco (Rodrigo y Gabriela), Jeff Beck, Wes Montgomery etc pp...I am currently especially searching for some proper Metal sounds as well as sounds for some Black Label kind of stuff. But as I said - would love to share great sounds in general. 

So much looking forward to your suggestions! 

good idea, tomorrow i'm going to try for my first time the dt25 combo with my 500x at band volume, in rehearsal room, 2 hours to test, tone, calibrate sounds and patches..

If i will find and save something interesting i will try to share.

hello there,

i didn't forget about this post.

I found really GREAT tones, if you understand how to configure and let talk together the machines, the tone you get is the same.

i saved like 3 clean patches, 3 hi gain patches and 1 solo patch.
Didn't post here yet because i would like to tune a little bit again, but i don't know when i'm going to bring the DT25 in the studio again.

I can only say that on that day, i would never stop to play after two hours of tuning, I would have to pass all day playing with that great rhythm sounds...

Now, that i'm using at home, it sounds different, even if i choose the low volume mode, the sounds is creepy, so i'm sad playing it at home...i cannot wait to bring again in the studio to fine tune these patches and play with it. Then i will wait for the Live on 22th december so for sure before that date, I do need to fine tune the patches.

Sure, AES Calbe and L6 Link. 
The strangest thing I understood is that choosing voicing III (for example) is not only for clean sounds, there are pre amp on POD like tread plate if i don't get wrong right now, that sound better in voicing III instead of IV.

I think that this is the most important thing to understand, cause the amp considers voicing 1,2,3,4 as "amp" but, if you study about it is "only" a tube configuration.
So voicing III on the amp is a pre simulation for clean that sounds great with the III configuration of tubes on the final. on the DT you cannot choose a pre amp simulation for hi gain and combining with a different tubes configurations outside of IV. BUT on the pod you can, and some PRE amp hi gain sounds better with III voicing configurations instead of IV that I find on same preamp "muddy".

Don't know if my english is so good to let you understand what i mean :)

Thanks,Marco.Yes i understand what you mean & your English is excellent,where as my Italian is zero,you know what they say about the English,too lazy to learn other languages,i even struggle with american :)

The reason i asked about the cable is i have watched many DT25/HD500 dems on you tube,which in my humble opinion never sound as good as the DT by itself,but they almost always talk about an XLR for the L6 link,without mention of AES.

I don't know if having an AES cable or not will affect the sound, i just spend 350€ for a POD and 500€ for a DT50 (both used) so i thought to be stupid to avoid buying a 20€ AES cable instead of a 5€ normal XLR.

the DT25 have part of Digital intelligence of the POD inside, when you link the POD the DT will avoid to use his digital part and use the digital part of the POD, these digital processing are the same, the final stage is in charge to the analogic tubes. So if you find the exact digital configuration on the pod (sustain, pre simulation, eq or other) that is configured for the IV voicing (that is not known as i can see, maybe with a DT edit) you got the same sound.

Example:

rhythm patch for direct link (amp simulation, cab simulation, 3 mid eq, noise gate, compressor, reverb and maybe something else)

rhythm patch for DT (same amp but only pre, cab simulation, no eq corrections, noise gate yes, maybe a compressor, and reverb)

so the same patches configured for the DT need less adjustment (for me) to get a real tone and also eat less DSP, so you can fill the empty rings of the chain with other modulation or delay effects and assign to FS1, FS2 etc buttons, to have a more versatile sounds instead of having 4 almost-the-same patches 

• Upvote 1

Thanks,Marco.Yes i understand what you mean & your English is excellent,where as my Italian is zero,you know what they say about the English,too lazy to learn other languages,i even struggle with american :)

The reason i asked about the cable is i have watched many DT25/HD500 dems on you tube,which in my humble opinion never sound as good as the DT by itself,but they almost always talk about an XLR for the L6 link,without mention of AES.

If it's any use I've used both a high quality xlr cable and then updated to (a probably not so high quality as it wasn't a lot more expensive) AES cable and I can't hear any decernable difference (with my old gig raddled ears!). But I've always been able to get what I think are amazing tones with my 500X and DT25. I would add that as I have a JTV I haven't spent much time going into the DT without the pod but when I have I haven't noticed a difference.
  • Upvote 1