Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pairing HD100 with Boss RC-300 Loop Station

alzaa

Hi all,

In blind excitement, I have purchased the Boss RC-300 Loop Station for writing and performing purposes. 
As it turns out, I didn't think this purchase through too well as I own the Spidervalve HD100 modelling amp with the multi-effects built in (I thought it would make my life easier rather than replacing and repurchasing individual effects pedals). Now I face a problem with the signal flow. I would love to vary my tones in loops, but the loop station precedes the effects of the amp. Is there a way I could get the signal to the loops station last and then straight to the speakers or is there another way? 
I have read something about an effects loop send, but I am uncertain how to use it.

Am I able to fix my problem, or am I stuck using the effects built into the RC-300 rendering my amps effects useless? 

All help greatly appreciated.

Allen

The way you have it should work for what you want I think, with a bit of fiddling.

Just record the clean guitar into the looper on Track 1 and put that clean loop through the HD100 to add effects. Or are you wanting to record the effected sound back into the RC-300? If so you could play back the clean guitar on Track 1, add effects on HD100, take the output of the HD100 and feed it back into the Aux input of the RC-300 and record that effected version to Track 2.

To avoid feedback or phasing I think you'd have to assign the outputs so that Track 1 (clean guitar loop) was outputting straight to the Sub output and Track 2 (HD effect recording) assigned to the Main output (which would feed whatever speaker system you're using to monitor with).

I run a Jamman in the FX loop of a few amps. Essentially, the first loop gets the tone the amp is set for then I change the amp tone to something else while the looper uses the recorded first tone. Overdubs will use the new tone and the first tone. Level control was the only issue but that can be sorted out while playing.

Hope that helps.

B

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

I just did the same thing. Without thinking too much about the way everything would link up, or not knowing that my new spider jam amp didnt have an effects loop on the back, I record a track, (say with a clean sound) then when I go to switch my tone on the amp it makes the recorded sounds have the newly selected tone..... I’ve ordered some pedals to solve the problem, but with all the great tones that come with the amp, I wish I didn’t have to do that! 

Maybe I just don’t understand how to get the tones in front of the looper.... 

there must be a better way to achieve this......

Thanks in advance!

Also on the spider jam, when you turn the knob to select chorus for example, you can’t select say a 40% chorus with a 20 phaser as well as 10% flanger, its only one of the three, correct? If so, that’s kinda limiting? I love the amp tho....