Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Great Comparison V1.9 Vs 2.0

i'd also point out that even though the original models "co-existed" with the HD models (the new acoustics) that the full HD 2.0 release changed the sound enough to have many questioning if the acoustics had been further upgraded...

in reality the underlying code had been upgraded to better use those HD models....

the original variax models probably would not even sound the same if placed on top of the underlying HD code...

maybe better... but that's no more or less subjective than the current HD models... again a slippery slope....

using simply logic we can with 100% certainty say that it is not possible.

any version of the variax software before 1.83 had both the factory models and the user models installed (all models were basically duplicated. which was a HUGELY nice unknown feature of the original variax)

after 1.83 when they added the HD acoustic models, they removed the duplicate factory models to make room for the HD models.

i'm certain that if one bank of HD models required the removal of all the duplicated models... that there is NO room to put them all back with the HD models.

if there was enough room for say a handful of the old models... i'd still say no thanks... make me more new HD models. (that and picking and choosing old models will never make everyone happy anyway... slippery slope.)

Get ready to get yelled at... :(

probably... but that little history of variax updates is probably not common knowledge...

but it's very real and factual history... and it's just not possible what they are asking for.

perhaps the clever line6 guys will come up with something...

but the internal storage and sounds are not infinite, they are finite.

perhaps they can make up for these things in the 3rd generation variax if that ever happens.

(took 7 years to go from gen1 to gen2... wont likely be fast if ever)

Get ready to get yelled at... :(

probably... but that little history of variax updates is probably not common knowledge...

but it's very real and factual history... and it's just not possible what they are asking for.

perhaps the clever line6 guys will come up with something...

but the internal storage and sounds are not infinite, they are finite.

perhaps they can make up for these things in the 3rd generation variax if that ever happens.

(took 7 years to go from gen1 to gen2... wont likely be fast if ever)

And besides, they should have a JTV Acoustic to work on...

Personally I don't think the video is really making a fair comparison.  It's common knowledge many of the 2.0 models are lower in volume, comparing them without compensating for the volume difference between the 2 is not a valid comparison IMO. 

Dan

After listening to this video, to me just about everything in ver.2 sounds like it's not hitting the amp as hard as the 1.9 models i.e. volume.  It really hit me listening to the acoustics whose modeling I don't believe was changed.  I half believe we were given the update a little early. Hence the lack of using the Workbench through the HD500 and all the anomalies talked about (like the spank 2 position).  I personally am glad they did it if that's the case since if they hadn't I'd still be waiting.