Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

customtone page?

skryking

All user created presets are available to search and download via the Spider Remote app for mobile android and iOS devices. Using the Spider Remote app you can upload and download tones to the Line 6 cloud similar to the way you can on the custom tone page with other products.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Does anyone know where to set the tone control knobs and FX controls on the amp when using a tone off the Spider remote app?

It doesn't matter, it will ignore them until you turn a dial and then it will "jump" to that spot. So if you have the dial at say the 9 o'clock position when you load a tone but the parameter is set to say, the 3 o'clock in the preset it will just stay at the 3 o'clock "position".

But then if you touch the dial at all, it will jump to the 9 o'clock position and start adjusting from there.

now theat there is a mac/windows spider V edit will there be a customtone page or access?

If I understood the email I received yesterday, there should be a customtone page:

With the new Spider® V Remote application, you can edit your Spider V tones on your computer while recording in your DAW at the same time. An intuitive graphic interface gives you complete control over your sound, enabling you to quickly and easily edit preset names and parameters, reorder amp and effects blocks, set tap tempo, assign parameters to an expression pedal, and more.
  • Works with all Spider V guitar amp models—30, 60, 120, 240, and 240HC
  • Graphically edit tones while recording at the same time on a Mac® or PC
  • Download CustomTone presets to your computer and load them into Spider V
  • Spider V Remote is now available as a FREE download—get it today!
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I also would like to know how to down load tones on the computer I have been using  using the spider V Remote program to edit and organize tones and then I have to swap to my phone to get new tones. It would be nice to do it all on the P.C.

same here.. come on line 6. - add customtone, or cloud tone to the pc app.

also please add functionality for the looper, on MkII Express pedal board.  - Something else, that's not been documented as fully compatible.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too would love to see this page for PC. I have android phone and it works great on the cloud. The app works just fine but in my studio I just want to use my PC. I own a Galaxy S6 and the battery dies so quickly. (Not Line 6's fault.) Andriod devices don't charge while hooked to the amp. I will not buy a iOS device. Line 6 please pull this community together for us with a page for us to share our tones. Great job on these Spider amps! I have the 240 with the FBV-3 and I fall more in love every time I turn it on. Just missing the PC/MAC community. Please! :) Pretty please! :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck getting that junk app to work. I tried on two android phones, and my pc using an android vmware image. No dice. Its like trying to get windows NT to run a java app. Get it together line6 if i could refund this amp I would. How is this "feature" not in the pc program.

In Line 6's defense, they never intended the app for PC and Mac. It was all mobile based like Firehawk and Amplifi. After they received many requests at Ideascale for a PC/Mac editor that would provide a better way of using the amp when recording in other DAW products for computers, they created the app as it is. This app also allowed users to create and store their own preset files. In none of those requests was to make app apply to Customtone. Line 6 never had an area at Customtone for Spider V, but created the servers for MyTones, and an area to share tones via mobile app.

They have seen requests for the Customtone area, but really it is better to make those requests at Ideascale.. then be patient. The same people creating the apps and software are doing so for many different products, and some with much wider bases of users in the community.

Mobile app issues are more often resolved when using an OTG connector. I never had much luck with the Virtual Android app for PC either. Andy kind of worked, but was more of a hassle. The Line 6 Spider V app for PC and Mac works as it should, as was requested. Perhaps we'll see something for Customtone soon. I'd start with Ideascale though.

Once your phone and Spider V are synced up, the app will override the amp settings unless you tweak them physically on the amp. Once you save a preset from the app onto the Spider V, it will always go to those settings once the preset is called up.

• 3 months later...

Still no Customtone section for the Spider V series amps? Most people want to use their computers to download user sounds into their amps because a computer has a much bigger screen to edit the downloaded patches if that's not the case why do all the other Spider series amps have a Customtone section to download user sounds? This omission of huge error on the part of Line 6 and I know I'm not the only one who has requested a Customtone section for the Spider V series amp ...please fix !!!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Also I find that searching on the PC you get a lot more results. I found a lot of tones I wanted to download but could not as it said I had not got a suitable registered product. When I tried the same search from IPad app there were very little results. So I guess Spider IV tones are not compatible with Spider V. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We want to be able to share custom tones on PC! 

I am going crazy with this amp. I have a Galaxy S8 smartphone and it refuses to work with the amp. When it does it only works for about 10 seconds until it disconnects. The spider remote app for PC is great, besides not being able to share tones. How Line 6 could even think it was an option to create this app without including tone sharing is beyond me. Even searching through the preset tones is a pain, because it forces you to go one by one.

I'm not skilled enough to create tones myself, so I need this function to make this amp worth anything to me. 

17 hours ago, drzrider said:

We want to be able to share custom tones on PC! 

I am going crazy with this amp. I have a Galaxy S8 smartphone and it refuses to work with the amp. When it does it only works for about 10 seconds until it disconnects. The spider remote app for PC is great, besides not being able to share tones. How Line 6 could even think it was an option to create this app without including tone sharing is beyond me. Even searching through the preset tones is a pain, because it forces you to go one by one.

I'm not skilled enough to create tones myself, so I need this function to make this amp worth anything to me. 

Most android users have reported needing an OTG adapter to get their phone/Spider remote app to work with Spider V.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, kmasek77 said:

2 years later and a requested feature set has been ignored...  I am starting to think I jumped into the wrong product line/mfgr.   Should have bought a kemper I guess.

Instead of a Spider V? I mean, the Kemper is like at least 4 times as more expensive than the Spider V, depending on the particular model of Spider V you're talking about...

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

Instead of a Spider V? I mean, the Kemper is like at least 4 times as more expensive than the Spider V, depending on the particular model of Spider V you're talking about...

Rule of Thumb #1:  don't buy a product based on future functionality, buy it for what it can do now. That goes for guitar stuff, cars, computers, phones and just about everything else. If you were considering a Kemper, you might investigate Helix because it's much more of a pro level  piece of equipment. Not that I don't really like my Spider V 240 for what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 2:20 PM, gtrman100 said:

Rule of Thumb #1:  don't buy a product based on future functionality, buy it for what it can do now. That goes for guitar stuff, cars, computers, phones and just about everything else.

How true!  Garmin from a few years ago is a good example.  They hinted that they would provide Apple Macintosh capability for their GPS products for several years before they finally got around to it.  Garmin was a pretty big company at the time with a lot of talented engineers on staff, but the reality is that providing a reliable interface to all of the different phone and computer operating systems is a huge task that sucks up a lot of good engineering time.  I'd assume that Line 6 is a bit smaller than Garmin, although Line 6 clearly has some digital signal processing genius people. 

At one time I carried three different laptop computers to do my job.  (Windows XP Service Pack 2, XP service pack 3, and Windows 7)  None of these machines were ever connected to the internet, and each was for use with a software package that would not work quite right on the others.  It is a real pain to design software for your customers only to have somebody else (Microsoft, Apple, or Google), make a change so that your software no longer works right.  It is also a lot more fun to concentrate on your core business which in the case of Line 6 seems to be DSP and audio.