Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V Tone EDIT app for Mac/PC

tasguitar

Spider V's USB connection for Mac/PC is for direct recording.  At the moment there is no Mac/PC editor for Spider V, and I have no idea if there is one coming down the line.  The Spider Remote App is my preferred way to edit on Spider V. But I understand that you can't do that while connected over USB for recording.

Feel free to share your ideas on ideascale too.  I'm sure there are plenty of others who would like to edit the amp while connected to their computer.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/ideas/top/campaign-filter/byids/campaigns/47743

• 2 weeks later...

spcjak7221 got it working on PC using VirtualBox. Look at post #19 on the thread below. Basically, it is an Android VM running the Spider Remote App from a Windows 7/8/10 PC.

http://line6.com/support/topic/23346-re-does-your-mobile-device-connect/

One caveat is that, with *any* virtualization program, you can only have the USB devices connected to either the host (the PC itself) or the VM (the Android Spider Remote), you cannot do both at the same time, so if you want to record on your PC while adjusting the tones at the same time, it may not be possible to do so.

• 6 months later...

I am waiting for my Spider V 120 replacement since I also had the sound dropout after firmware update :(

Since I want an amp for rehearsal and song writing I do not want to spent that much on the one hand and like to have a full range speaker.

I use a Win120 convertible tablet and checked out MEmu emulation software but I do not get access to Spider remote cloud presets though the app is running generally,

The fact that Line6 has not implemented Wifi and/or Bluetooth is really a flaw so that there is no access to effect editing when recording.

However, this amp has some great features including the footswitch range for that price in coparison to Marshall, Balckstar, Vox and Fender devices.

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This software crashes on windows 7 every time. I've tried VM builds and all that but nope it will never load!

Can you please provide more details on the crash? Does it crash at startup, before the main UI appears? Is there a particular action needed to make it crash? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Faulting application name: Spider V Remote.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59a0ac3d

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0xadaa6ed6

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000eb832

Faulting process id: 0x3b60

Faulting application start time: 0x01d338681bcbdb60

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Line6\Spider V Remote\Spider V Remote.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 8b985866-6bda-442d-88ec-e19354e9acda

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: Spider V Remote.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException

at MainApplication.WindowsCommon.App.AppProperties.getAppProperty(System.String)

at MainApplication.WindowsCommon.Editor.Editor..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, Boolean)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object[], System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object[])

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Object[])

at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstanceCritical(System.Type, System.Object[])

at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Object[])

at System.Xaml.Schema.XamlTypeInvoker.CreateInstance(System.Object[])

at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstanceWithCtor(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])

at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstance(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])

at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreateAndAssignToParentStart(MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.ObjectWriterContext)

at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartMember(System.Xaml.XamlMember)

at System.Xaml.XamlWriter.WriteNode(System.Xaml.XamlReader)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.TransformNodes(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfoConsumer, MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.XamlContextStack`1<System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlFrame>, System.Windows.Markup.IStyleConnector)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Object, System.Uri)

at MainApplication.WindowsCommon.App.MainContainer.InitializeComponent()

at MainApplication.WindowsCommon.App.MainContainer..ctor()

at MainApplication.MainWindow.<paramValueServerInitializationComplete>b__2_0()

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at MainApplication.App.Main()

there came out a software some days ago...it works as expected...only problem for me i can't search any tones in the cloud of other users...somebody knows something about that?

My understanding is the Win Mac app is more intended for users to have the app available while in their DAW or other computer based apps, but you would have to use the android or ios for cloud presets. There is no area at Custom Tone set up for Spider V afaik, but they may add one.

My understanding is the Win Mac app is more intended for users to have the app available while in their DAW or other computer based apps, but you would have to use the android or ios for cloud presets. There is no area at Custom Tone set up for Spider V afaik, but they may add one.

thanks a lot