Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

midi CC messages do not reset when changing snapshots

coosvandorsten

Here is the situation;

I do run the Helix into an Engl Invader. Use tree foot switches to activate the Amps' Bright, High Gain and Master Volume AB via midi CC toggle.  Works fine. But when I activate one of each footswitches, let's say Hi Gain, and then go to another snapshot the amp stays in the same mode. The new snap shot has not an active Hi Gain footswitch. From there on the function of the assigned Hi Gain footswitch works in reverse. When the light is on, so activated Hi Gain function, the Hi Gain on the amp is off and vice versa.

Why does the Midi CC toggle function not reset the value during snapshot changes? Is there a way around this?

Maybe post what you're trying to do in some images? Having difficulty understanding the exact circumstance.

Also need to look up the type of midi messages your amp accepts.

Personally I need to send PC messages. The first thing is to head over to the global settings and turn off the send pc messages.

Then I set each snapshot up to send an instant messages.

Example:

Snapshot 1-4 respectively:

Intro

Prechorus

Chorus

Lead

Amp channels Program Change:

0 = clean

1 = crunch

2 = OD1

3 = OD2

With the global pc off and these set as instant program changes everything works pretty well.

I haven't goofed much with cc toggle on any amps yet as mine only accepts pc.

Now... a PC toggle would be SWEET for those of us with these amps.