Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

toneport ux2 vs podstudio ux2

ctams

Is there a hardware difference between these two devices, such as latency, or are they the same device with different software? Thank you.

I pretty sure it's a software difference. I think it comes with Pod Farm 2.5.

• 5 years later...

I've got the Tone Port UX2 (the red one). True it was released with Gearbox as the modeling software along with RiffWorks; however, PodFarm 1.x replaced Gearbox and could not be upgraded to PodFarm 2.x unless a license for the newer version was purchased. It was always shown in Line 6 Monkey, but upgrading would generate an error that the software was not licensed for use with that model.  I assume that the hardware was compatible, but that version 2.x had a more robust library of cab and amp models.  I also have a Pod XT Live, which had some shared software, and also utilized the Line 6 Edit program to save, upload, and download custom configurations - and Line 6 Monkey stopped handling the license verification, switching to a standalone app to keep track of registered devices and computers paired with the devices.  At least this is my understanding from using these Line 6 jewels, and observing these changes.  I still love the devices (though I have an old Bass Pod and Floorboard that could only be updated through the midi ports).  From the XT on up, they're still great products IMO - at least I've had a lot of fun using them and continue to do so.  In fact, I've got a new iMac arriving today, and that Tone Port UX2 is going to be working hard for me again.  How many devices still function after 20 years nowadays?  Rock On Line 6 (a Yamaha company ? ).

• 2 months later...

Just this week I discovered my TonePort UX2 is 14 years old. It was the Zoom client that just this week stopped working. So my question if you please: what should an old UX2 user get for a replacement. I haven't used the UX2 that much but I like the idea of some features such as Looper.