Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

using 500X into DT25 Midi question

Old-Rocker

I have read in a post that a Pod HD500X can be used for MIDI switching with a DT25,i have read the Midi document for the DT25(didn't understand most of it).but i have a couple of questions,

If i use a 500X via L6 link,to alter DT amp settings,does the Guitar signal have to go through the 500X,or can it plugged directly into the DT?

so,if Ch A -B settings are altered by the 500X,with the Guitar in the DT input,would it connect to the settings set by the 500,or do i have to plug into the 500?

I'm trying to avoid running the Guitar through the 500,initially.

I have read in a post that a Pod HD500X can be used for MIDI switching with a DT25,i have read the Midi document for the DT25(didn't understand most of it).but i have a couple of questions,

If i use a 500X via L6 link,to alter DT amp settings,does the Guitar signal have to go through the 500X,or can it plugged directly into the DT?

so,if Ch A -B settings are altered by the 500X,with the Guitar in the DT input,would it connect to the settings set by the 500,or do i have to plug into the 500?

I'm trying to avoid running the Guitar through the 500,initially.

Yes, I've done that from time to time. Plug the guitar into the DT's preamp and run a midi wire from out of the pod into the DT. It's been a while but I think I was able to even use the foot pedal for reverb or volume.

So,it needs to be a MIDI cable & not the L6 Link?,would that mean me configuring the Midi?,or could i use the Edit software?

I've never used Midi,so i could be dead before i get it working :rolleyes:

Thanks for replying.

The L6 link does everything at once, it's easier so to speak. The midi is just that midi so you'll need to configure the midi part on the HD500. I do that using the Line 6 implementation doc that gives you the code for the different settings. I just looked at HD500 Edit and there is a midi assign section in the controllers part of the GUI that might do the same exact thing but I'm not sure as I used the Pod itself to set it. The first few times it took me a while to be comfortable with it.

I too thought I would be dead before I understood it, lol. I read your other threads and it sounds like you like your new DT25. Glad to hear it man!

My main problem with the learning curve was I didn't even know how to play guitar at all. It took me really long time to get even remotely coordinated. I'm still learning maybe someday I'll be able to learn a song or two, lol. Even if I don't every so often I have a great time playing guitar with this stuff.