Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25/500 Input/ Effects Use question

Old-Rocker

In another thread i asked about Midi control of a DT25 via a 500,it would appear from the response that i can (possibly)use the L6 link to control switching of the DT25(by Midi),but have the Guitar running into the DT input & not the 500 input.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible have the same input situation(Guitar into DT25),but be able to use the effects of the 500 using the Send/Return circuit?

Sorry If this is a stupid question,but i've never used a S/R circuit(or effects either for that matter)put a playing situation's coming up that may make it necessary to use effects(then the questions really start :D ) & i'm really lucky to have new playing jobs on the horizon at my age,so i'm working at it,with a lot of help from you gentlemen,thanks.

In another thread i asked about Midi control of a DT25 via a 500,it would appear from the response that i can (possibly)use the L6 link to control switching of the DT25(by Midi),but have the Guitar running into the DT input & not the 500 input.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible have the same input situation(Guitar into DT25),but be able to use the effects of the 500 using the Send/Return circuit?

Sorry If this is a stupid question,but i've never used a S/R circuit(or effects either for that matter)put a playing situation's coming up that may make it necessary to use effects(then the questions really start :D ) & i'm really lucky to have new playing jobs on the horizon at my age,so i'm working at it,with a lot of help from you gentlemen,thanks.

If I recall correctly I tried that and it worked but if I wanted to control midi with the footswitches I had to have the "midi" part on screen on the pod on and if I wanted to control the effects part I needed to have the "chain" part on screen in essence making me have to switch between them to control each half so to speak. I hope you can understand that, lol. You can use it like that but unless I'm missing something it's not very convenient to operate that way.

I think this is where the L6 link and the midi are separated in that the L6 link does it all and not only part of the controlling.

Edited by Brazzy

Thanks,Brazzy,yes i get what you're saying,so not very convenient :( .

I'm going through all this because i'm trying to avoid running my Guitar signal through a 500/500X,when i had the 500X i could here it alter the signal/tone of every combination of guitar amplification,i tried it through.

I'm thinking about buying an older 500 & having another attempt,but this time with the DT.