Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 59 and pickup upgrade

I figure the answer to this is yes, but if you change out your pickups during the warranty period, does this void your warranty on the guitar as a whole? I have some Dimarzio PAF Masters I'm thinking about having installed but still want that warranty availability just in case.

Then don't announce that you're doing it (oops...), and install what you like. If something else $h*ts the bed, put the stock ones back in. Unless you have at it like a crazed baboon on acid, no one will ever know the difference.

Well if that's the case then of course I would never void my warranty by making a modification to my guitar! LoL! ; ) Hey just asking a question right? 

If it came across my bench with DiMarzio's on it, and it wasn't having an affect on the function of the guitar,... maybe okay.

Impedance mis-matches with the rest of the electronics, or too hot a field of the pick-ups to

the point where it warbles so in Model mode and can't be stopped,... those are among the problems

that can affect warranty. Typically, messing with the electronics can be a problem regarding warranty.

Changing out the tuning machines (if they don't mess up the breaking angle of the strings at the nut) or

changing strap locks (so long as the screw doesn't go into the circuit board and short everything out),...

... is typically not a problem.

So long as it does not affect the function of the guitar, it typically won't be a problem. Check with Line 6

Customer Support for specific cases.

Oh crus, I'm not that big a curmudgeon. ;)

• Upvote 1