Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible Bug - Channel Switching amp with Snapshots

welshboyohelix

OK,

Possible Bug here, but could also be my misunderstanding or indeed the way my Bogner behaves with Channel Switching from the EXT AMP socket.

So..

I have presets set up with snapshots - usual thing - Clean/Crunch/Dirty/Lead switching the amp channel respectively

In "Stomp Mode" I have access to all of the effects I have assigned to the buttons, also the furthest 2 right buttons are set to the Amp switching (Channel and Boost as per amp footswitch) and I sometimes use these to change amp channels within a snapshot.

All is good if I am just changing between scenes, however, if I am in a Snapshot and then change amp channel from within a snapshot and then change to a different snapshot ( i.e going from the Crunch Snapshot where I have been changing amp channels within that snapshot as well and then switch to the Lead snapshot) the amp or at least the amp channel will just default to the amp's clean channel (as if there is no footswitch plugged in) regardless of how I have the "lights" set for the amp channels within other snapshots.

Example is Hotel California - using the Crunch snapshot for the whole song switching the amp's O/D channel in and out for the various bits of the song and then at the end hitting the Lead snapshot for my lead sound - should come out with a meaty Lead sound but as I have been changing the state of the actual amp channels within the Crunch snapshot it just defaults back to clean sound (even though the snapshot is selecting the o/d and boost options on the amp)

Help!!

One thing that comes to mind is that I think that if you have the EXT AMP triggers set up as instant commands, those only get shot out during snapshot changes if you have a different setting saved in the snapshot you're going to versus the one you're currently in. So I don't think it's really looking at what the current state is. I think it's looking at what's saved in the snapshot you're in.

• 3 months later...

OK,

Possible Bug here, but could also be my misunderstanding or indeed the way my Bogner behaves with Channel Switching from the EXT AMP socket.

So..

I have presets set up with snapshots - usual thing - Clean/Crunch/Dirty/Lead switching the amp channel respectively

In "Stomp Mode" I have access to all of the effects I have assigned to the buttons, also the furthest 2 right buttons are set to the Amp switching (Channel and Boost as per amp footswitch) and I sometimes use these to change amp channels within a snapshot.

All is good if I am just changing between scenes, however, if I am in a Snapshot and then change amp channel from within a snapshot and then change to a different snapshot ( i.e going from the Crunch Snapshot where I have been changing amp channels within that snapshot as well and then switch to the Lead snapshot) the amp or at least the amp channel will just default to the amp's clean channel (as if there is no footswitch plugged in) regardless of how I have the "lights" set for the amp channels within other snapshots.

Example is Hotel California - using the Crunch snapshot for the whole song switching the amp's O/D channel in and out for the various bits of the song and then at the end hitting the Lead snapshot for my lead sound - should come out with a meaty Lead sound but as I have been changing the state of the actual amp channels within the Crunch snapshot it just defaults back to clean sound (even though the snapshot is selecting the o/d and boost options on the amp)

Help!!

I'm experiencing this same issue. Did you figure it out? It does seem to be kind of like what phil_m is describing - if the stored state from one snapshot to the other is the same, the unit doesn't think it needs to "send out the command". Except in this case, the Helix is switching an internal relay, so I'd think it'd always make sure the relay and the indicated state ("on" or "lit") are always in sync.