Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to save multiple IR's at once?

jasonk931

Hey guys. New Helix user here. I have begun to play around with 3rd party IR's. I opened the editor and dragged about 30 IR's onto the impulse area. They loaded on screen and I could drag them onto a preset if block. I saved a few in a preset, but when I unplug editor and use the Helix, there is only two sample IR's saved in the Helix itself? What gives?

I want to save gen all in place so I can choose from them from the stages where I play and jot have to use editor everytime.

Any help or thoughts on this appreciated?

Ps. I love this thing since Ownhammer came along. The tone live with the OH itR's is huge and sounds better then my regular live rig!

Hey guys. New Helix user here. I have begun to play around with 3rd party IR's. I opened the editor and dragged about 30 IR's onto the impulse area. They loaded on screen and I could drag them onto a preset if block. I saved a few in a preset, but when I unplug editor and use the Helix, there is only two sample IR's saved in the Helix itself? What gives?

I want to save gen all in place so I can choose from them from the stages where I play and jot have to use editor everytime.

Any help or thoughts on this appreciated?

Ps. I love this thing since Ownhammer came along. The tone live with the OH itR's is huge and sounds better then my regular live rig!

It occurred to me that you said you dragged the IRs into a block in your preset. I have never done that, the standard method after loadng your IRs into the IR section of the editor using drag & drop is to create an IR block in your preset and use the parameter on the block to select the IR you want from the IR block instead (don't drag and drop anything). You may have discovered a buggy method in the Editor for dragging an IR into a preset.

My other guess would be that something went wrong in your drag and drop process or that somehow your IRs are incompatible with the Helix. The incompatibility issue is not that frequent as Helix will usually convert or truncate IRs to the proper format. It would not hurt to try loading IRs as close to the expected Helix format as possible. I would try dragging them into your Editor again. Try dragging them in with batches of five instead of thirty at the same time (although I have successfully dragged in many at one time). Something obviously did not take the first time. Here is a blurb from the Helix manual regarding IRs.

" Helix can load and store up to 128 IRs at a time. 48kHz, 16-bit, mono, .WAV type IRs of up to 2,048 samples are natively supported. But the Helix app allows you to import IR .WAV files of different samplerate, bitdepth, length and stereo format,and the app will convert these attributes automatically before sending to the Helix hardware. "