Sign in to follow this  
leemulholland

PARAMETER MODULATION

Had my Helix for a few days. Is there a way, other than the expression pedal to modulate parameters ? My Boss GT100 could do this & I assumed Helix would but I cant see anything to do this. 

Thanks!!

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the forum.

You can assign a free stomp switch to toggle back and forth between two values of the parameter you're looking to work.

(In fact, you can further stack up a total of 8 functions that the single switch can do simultaneously - an immensely powerful customization tool).

If you're talking about something like ADSR or LFO controllers, no there's not. You can assign parameters to controllers other than the expression pedals, though. You can assign them to footswitches, snapshot controllers, or MIDI CCs from an external source.

If you're talking about something like ADSR or LFO controllers, no there's not. You can assign parameters to controllers other than the expression pedals, though. You can assign them to footswitches, snapshot controllers, or MIDI CCs from an external source.

Or volume and tone controls on your guitar if it is a Variax.

It's an unfortunate omission. External MIDI device, computer probably could modulate Helix' parameters via MIDI.

Thanks for the replies ! yes I was meaning LFO / ADSR. This does seem to be something of an omission on the feature list. I will try & use Ableton live to modulate perameters for recording but it would be an awesome feature to have for live use !!

This is the #1 thing I wish they would implement! LFO and ADSR would make Helix the badassest floor unit ever. 

Upvote my ideascale entry here: http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Automation/839282-23508#idea-tab-details

No no, vote for mine!  Or you could vote for both!  LOL

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/An-LFO-and-an-ADSR/811573-23508

• Upvote 1

It's a deal! I'll vote for yours, you vote for mine. 

Done deal, my friend!