Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk effects chain and looper

jerryratpack

I am not sure if I have a defect, or user error , but a couple observations so far

There is a lot I like about this amp,

but, I am very surprised that there is this limitation on the effects chain. This is almost 1000 US dollars and can't move certain effects to where we would like. Again, unless I am doing something wrong or my app is screwed up

This is a big nagative for me personally. I honestly thought there was something wrong with my app on my iPad, many limitations on something this expensive . But it was reinstalled and same behaviour.

Also the looper surprised me , it is unusable as far as I can tell. Or it's very unintuitive. I own the helix, kemper, boss 100 and all dead simple to use the looper. I have the new FBV 3 and to my surprise, there is not looper mode so to speak. I hit the function switch , which would be logical to do, and it says "quit App" so again, It's a very hard to use one switch design, really surprised me, unless I am missing something or doing something wrong. I can't find documentation on how to use it, but I think I figured it out, and if I am correct it's really bad.

Any suggestions ?

• 1 month later...

The looper works in a fairly similar way to any 'single button' looper (See TC Electronics Flashback).

The sample time is approx 40 seconds, and playback is mono.

The biggest drawback is the 'cancel' feature where you hear approx 2 seconds of playback before the track is scrubbed, so it's great for practice, but probably not for live use.

Hope that helps.

Thinking of getting a FH1500 but like to know a bit more about it first.

One thing very few mentions is the looper so your input is very good.

What's the length of the looper and why do you think it's so bad?

I forgot I wrote this . Lol

Since then, I have really been using the FH1500 a lot and really like it.

I am not used to the single button looper and would prefer the FBV3 footswitch to have a looper mode where there are multiple buttons appear for start, stop, reverse, etc. but I have been using the looper for practice and got used to it.

My original gripe about the effects chain is no longer an issue for me as I got used to which effects I can change and what I can move around.

The FH1500 is really a great sounding amp, but I have been using it more with the helix and kemper as a cab. This plays to the strengths with the wet dry wet setup . You just have to adjust levels which is easy to do from the app. The app is Bluetooth , and it has worked flawlessly with my iPad. It's really convenient not being tied to a cable or laptop and able to tweak at will.

I have recently been using it with kemper and setting the "direct out" from kemper to the FH 1500 return . I set the direct out for "stack"from my kemper. This way it uses the 12inch speaker and horn, and the two mains from the kemper set to delay and reverb , and that goes to the two monitor ins on the FH1500 so it is giving me the wet dry wet effect.it sounds great onc you adjust the main and direct to taste. I just learned this from one of the kemper users.

I will tell you that the amp is very heavy , so if you are going to take it to gigs, you want to consider the rolling carrying case. Mine stays put so I don't have this problem.