Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

losing my patience - update jtv

I got a new jtv69, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to get the interface to see it...I figured it's because I had HD workbench installed so swapping between computers, but using same interface (maybe that's the issue?)

I get a message saying to update the fw on the guitar...how - won't let me & yes, both vdi & 1/4 are plugged & fully charged batteries - ALSO, am unable to download  from line6 - certain software (monkey, etc...) I get this 

Not Found

The requested URL /data was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.20 (FreeBSD) OpenSSL/1.0.1s-freebsd Server at line6.com Port 80

As usual...as soon as I post - then I get er' going - Jesus man - All I wanted was to see what fw was loaded in the guitar...the spank actually sounded bright

Spoke too soon - somehow I got the fw onto 69 BUT can't load specific bank from other fav's & still can't downlaod anything from line 6

BUT can't load specific bank from other fav's & still can't download anything from line 6

Just a thought - when you say that you cannot download anything from Line 6, I guess you mean by using the Monkey app. If that's the case you could try going into the Line 6 website front end and navigate to the software downloads from there.

As for the statement, "can't load specific bank from other fav's", well if those banks were created with an earlier version of Workbench (pre HD), then they won't load because AFAIK the file structure is different between the versions. I've got hundreds of trick alternate tunings and custom pickup settings from the old version of Workbench that are now totally useless, unless I recreate them all - aaaaarrrrrggggg!

Hope this helps.

Thx but no - I uninstalled monkey  & now can't download it or anything else straight from site (I'm logged in but get 404 error once I agree to terms & hit download)

I should clarify - I was able to select certain banks after thru hd workbench

but if I still HAD monkey..jtv isn't showing up in items to update...I'm unsure if the other lin6 updater should show it or whether it's strictly for Helix

Thx but no - I uninstalled monkey  & now can't download it or anything else straight from site (I'm logged in but get 404 error once I agree to terms & hit download)

I should clarify - I was able to select certain banks after thru hd workbench

but if I still HAD monkey..jtv isn't showing up in items to update...I'm unsure if the other lin6 updater should show it or whether it's strictly for Helix

Oh, that's not good, and AFAIK, yes you're correct - the Line 6 Updater is just for Helix.

Suggestion - Maybe you could get someone else to get the download of the software you require, Monkey etc. Then they could send it to you as an email attachment - Monkey is only about 3.5MB or you could use DropBox, WeTransfer or some other FTP system to get you back up and running.

It's just an idea. I would offer to do it for you but right now I'm at home and I'm posting this from my wife's MacBook Pro. If you can wait a little while I can send you the stuff when I go down to the studio. Just let me know what bits you need and your OS and I will set up a Drop for you if you like?

I'm having similar problems accessing the Line 6 support site with Firefox.  It won't let me log in.

I was able to access the site through Chrome, though.

Edit: I fixed the problem by selecting Help:About Firefox and updated my Firefox install.  After it updated, I was able to log in to the support site again.

I take it you are all doing the following, but here's a reminder, just in case,...

-Also, don't use any USB hubs.

-Use the VDI/USB interface device direct to the computer (preferably a rear

USB port).

-Don't use a multi effects board as an interface between a JTV and a computer.

There are a few satellites for commercial public use of the internet. Along

with some public access to down-streams of NOAA sea temperature and weather

info. Some of the more northern Euro locations get their internet cable runs via

a satellite down-link then land-line distribution from there. Some mobile phone

services also use that. 

But yeah, being satellite requires Mil Spec grade Rad-Harden chips and electronics.

I didn't realize anyone was still providing satellite based internet!  In the past, this type of service was a hybrid arrangement where incoming packets come down from 24,000 miles up to your dish and outgoing packets use a dial up modem over copper telephone lines.  Is that what we're talking about here?  If so, there is a huge difference in throughput and latency between paths and it can create all kinds of havoc with TCP connections.

Weighty reading :-).  My only formal exposure was a graduate course in networking implementations - circa 2002.  Even at that time, who knew there were so many? And internet long-haul carriers have a whole slew of standards that most customers have never heard of - mostly synchronous packet protocols (SONET and the like).