Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix not connecting to PC

rlm01

I had the editor open and running, sudenly come a message "helix device not connected".

Since then I can't connect to any of my PC or Laptop win 7. Helix updated to 2.01 and using

ultimate editor. 

Have made a reset with footswiches 5+6  -  Global Reset  (Stayed  the Same)

Did not make any other kind of reset, my fear is that it will not work and I lose all presets and IR's

loaded. In windows I reistalled all usb drivers, other devices working with USB.

Anyone have a solution or any idea of what can I do?

Thanks to all.

I had the editor open and running, sudenly come a message "helix device not connected".

Since then I can't connect to any of my PC or Laptop win 7. Helix updated to 2.01 and using

ultimate editor. 

Have made a reset with footswiches 5+6  -  Global Reset  (Stayed  the Same)

Did not make any other kind of reset, my fear is that it will not work and I lose all presets and IR's

loaded. In windows I reistalled all usb drivers, other devices working with USB.

Anyone have a solution or any idea of what can I do?

Thanks to all.

You say you 'reinstalled the Helix USB driver'. You should actually uninstall all the Helix software first and then reinstall the Helix app (driver, Editor, and Updater) if you have not tried that already. Make sure you install the same version of the Helix app as your firmware.

Have you tried an alternate USB cable? You could try a 6&12 (safe boot mode) reset. Of course, everything is a bit risky if you don't have any backups. If the Helix app reinstall on your Win 7 machine does not work it might also be worth getting a good Helix presets and IRs backup on a PC with a more recent OS before you try more drastic measures like a firmware reinstall or a 9&10 global reset.

I have found that sometimes when the pc has a usb problem, it will somehow mark that usb channel and device hooked to it and stop communicating with it. If I "uninstall" it with the Windows device manager, the pc will reinstall it, wiping the error log for it and start communicating again. Sometimes it may take a reboot for it to find it, but I've had success getting it going again. Something to try...

Dave

Ok, Thank you all for helping.

I have alredy uninstalled all the Helix software first and then reinstall the Helix app (driver, Editor, and Updater), tryed another usb cable in all USB ports, uninstalled all USB with the Windows device manager and reboot the PC. Didn't work.

My question is if I do a 6&12 (safe boot mode) reset, the presets and IR's loaded will still be there?

Thanks.

Ok, Thank you all for helping.

I have alredy uninstalled all the Helix software first and then reinstall the Helix app (driver, Editor, and Updater), tryed another usb cable in all USB ports, uninstalled all USB with the Windows device manager and reboot the PC. Didn't work.

My question is if I do a 6&12 (safe boot mode) reset, the presets and IR's loaded will still be there?

Thanks.

I do not believe safe boot mode deletes the presets and IRs but I am not sure this is going to help you at this point. Have you tried unplugging all other USB ports on the PC to make sure you don't have any conflicts. Also, when you have the Helix connected and on, if you go into Control panel under System/Device Manager, are you seeing the 'Line 6 Helix' entry under 'Sound, video and game controllers'? If you are, try disabling and then enabling this and then restarting the Editor. If the Helix driver is showing you could also try uninstalling the driver directly from the Control Panel and then using the Helix app to reinstall it.

This is sounding more and more like you either need an alternative computer to try this on for long enough to back up your presets/IRs and then it is probably time to try reflashing the firmware, doing a global 9&10 reset, and then restoring your presets & IRs. What is mystifying here is that you had the editor up successfully before which makes it seem like a registry problem or a driver conflict unless the USB port on the Helix has crapped out which is probably the least likely scenario.

Note: Also, as a sanity check make sure that the firmware version that is showing when you boot up the Helix is the same as the Helix app version you downloaded from L6.

Thank you all. 

I alredy have a backup of all presets and IR's, the editor was working fine untll a week ago. I think I'm gonna write all the paches settings and reflash the firmware, doing a global 9&10 reset. If the case is the USB port on the Helix has crapped out, I can recreate the presets manually, a lot of work but I think it's the only way to know what's happening.