Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone moved from Firehawk to Helix

SoCal

Have been using Firehawk FX for 18 months now.  Gigging weekly.  It's been a game changer for me.  

I have been reading all the people raving about the Helix.  Has anyone moved from Firehawk to Helix here?  Is it worth the money to upgrade?

Would love to hear a few replies here myself. What sort of tones do you use in yours? Just got one today and tried a few tones, I find a very high background noise/artifact level in the higher gain stuff, even as the tone decays the surrounding fizz is always there. Got rid of my HD300 because of this, hoped the Firehawk would be a big improvement. It's arguably worse.

Cheers

I wouldn't say I've moved but I own both a Firehawk fx and helix. They're very different beasts, but if you like POD HD or Firehawk tones and flexibility then the helix is so good it's on another planet. More detailed amp Sims and fx (not that Firehawk and pod HD isn't also good though), very easy to use interface and endless routing options.

• 2 weeks later...