Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V or HD500X ?

xSUITTOx

I own a Spider iv 150, but looking to upgrade. Question: I don't live gig, don't have a lot of brain to mix, edit, do patches,etc.. However love the line 6 metal and high gain presets already presets.i bought a HD500X,but returned it,complicated to understand.The spider V presets sound good on line 6 Web page. Looks simple.dont care about the acoustic part of this amp.

What one should I get ?

If you weren't a fan of the HD500X already and liked the interface on your Spider IV, the Spider V sounds like a good bet. You can edit amp/effect settings easily on the front of the amp or with the spider remote app on an apple or android mobile device connected to the back. With the app you can download more user created presets from Line6's tone cloud as well. All the presets in the Spider V's are organized by effect, genre, artists, songs etc, which is a nice little afterthought. Best bet is to try one out, they are definitely a step up from the previous Spiders sound wise but are controlled in a similar way to previous Spider models and more traditional amp formats.