Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to Add Volume Pedal, using HD500 Edit

BrianWren

I have found tons of instruction on how to make the HD500 onboard pedal serve as a volume pedal (on YouTube, in Google searches, in the User Manual) but cannot find anything on how to do this using HD500 Edit. (I did find one YouTube video, but it was blurry, and the voice was in Spanish ...).

Can anyone provide the steps, starting with a newly configured preset, and adding a volume pedal in the right-most position?

to move the Volume FX block in the chain just drag and drop the block where you want

FYI. the location is the chain for volume pedal is very important. If you put it before the amp it will act like the volume on your guitar, it will clean up more than turn down. If you put it after the amp it will act more like a master volume knob where it turns down the overall volume without affecting the tone. Which is best for you depends on how you want to use it. I like to set my patches up with a volume pedal after the amp but right before my delay and then reverb. So when I turn down the delay and reverb tails hold on for a bit.

sometimes the tone darkening is desirable and I use the guitar volume knob on purpose, and other times not, therefore I use the volume pedal just after the guitar

I tend to use the guitar volume knob for that purpose most of the time. On the old analog rigs I never really had much of use of volume pedal, but the difference between patch volume on these make it a necessity for me to have post amp, so I can adjust during a show when I didn't get the patches level right.