Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression pedal, how to switch modes without leaving at max setting?

musiclover7

This may seem like an elementary question to some, but I am perplexed.  First, what I am trying to accomplish, is to free up an extra footswitch in a patch.  The footswitch currently adjusts the feedback and the mix setting on my delay.  I am trying to figure out how maybe use the expression pedal for this purpose, but I am hitting a snag.  Seems like in order to switch expression pedals (already using it to engage wah on Exp1, I need to leave the pedal in its maximum position, which means there seems to be no way for me to switch on wah, without simultaneously maxing out my delay feedback setting. 

I guess the obvious answer is to just buy a separate exp pedal, but I am curious if anyone has figured out a way around this puzzle using just the vanilla helix.

Well, DI already let the cat out of the bag about this one over on another thread, but one thing that's being added in the next update is the ability to set whether the expression pedal is set to EXP1 or EXP2 per snapshot. So with this, you can have the pedal be set to whatever you want on a snapshot per snapshot basis, so you should be able to do what you want. The only caveat with this is that you'll need to have the EXP Position setting in the Global Settings menu set to Global or Per Preset (not Per Snapshot).

So jut hold out until the next update, and you should be good to go.

Edited because nonsense*

phil_m - I don't think you understand what's being asked here.

OP - There is no way I can see to do what you ask without having a second expression pedal connected in some form, either via midi or as dedicated EXP2 or EXP3. Bummer.

No, I understand completely... Right now there's no way to do what he wants to do, but after the update, there will be - but it will take switching snapshots to do it. If that's not an acceptable solution, than, yes getting an external pedal is the only workaround.